When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTII, My first Rolex

Guest jdmdohcpower

Guest jdmdohcpower

I just got this today from TWG as His "best". I have never owned a Rolex so please let me know if it is good or bad and what needs to me be fixed. Also I had some trouble getting the blue plastic off of the rolex crown, on the crown. Any ideas?

Thanks

post-647-1144080269.jpg

post-647-1144080385.jpg

post-647-1144080486.jpg

post-647-1144080592.jpg

post-647-1144080698.jpg

Except from the GMT-hand which is always too thick, this one is very nice indeed. Nice date font and magnification. Good red color.

Maybe I finally should go for that Pepsi... :)

The 24-hour hand is slightly thick, but still thinner than the previous generation rep. And, has the correct hand stack. Nice watch.

I am waiting mine from Andrew,

Why did you suggest to replace the bezel?

I hope my crown will be ot blue! :(

Migiandone

The reason I suggest to replace the bezel is because the font for the bezel is off and the transition from black to red is in the wrong place. It should be directly in the center of the 6 and 18. In the replica, it is a little off-center.

Also, the blue on the crown is not a big deal. It is put there to protect it. It will come off.

Here is a pic of the gen:

18132-2850.jpg

Guest jdmdohcpower

The reason I got the black and red is becuase I wanted the pepsi and I know the rep blue sucks, so this way I can have both. Where do you think I can get a hold of a good pepsi insert? Also is it hard to instal?

Thanks again

PS

The blue plastic did come off, but there is some still stuck in the rolex crown of the crown, what can I use to get it off without messing up the crown?

Guest jdmdohcpower

Problem solved :D

I have just oiled the bracelet and it now has a much better feel. I cant wait for my tube of semichrome to get here. And I have to find a good pepsi insert