When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thanks Trusty! New PAM

sgv

I received my PAM 1950 from Trusty today.

The watch looks outstanding. It's a real eye opener. I will have to post pics when I get home.

My first impression:

The mailman had my package, and I met him at the door. I knew that when he had something for me to sign, that I was in for a good afternoon.

I open the package and see the watch. I was shocked how big the watch is. My daily wear is a gen Rolex Datejust, or a rep Day-Date. The PAM was much larger than what I am used to.

The band is stiff, but I'm hoping that will soften up over time. If not, I may look into another band. Time will tell.

The watch winds very smoothly. Seeing the movement on the back is pretty cool.

I try the watch on. It's *much* larger and sportier than my Rolex. I realized that wearing this with a suit everyday isn't something that can be done. It will only be worn on more casual days where a sport coat is worn, and not a suit. It looks like the Rolex will stay as the daily wear.

It should look good with a pair of jeans, and a casual shirt.

The second hand is very smooth. A guy that I know has a gen Panerai...so the next time I see him we will have to compare and check out. I may not even tell him it's a rep and see if he can guess. He may think it's real, because he knows that I have a few Rolexes and a few Tags that are gen.

Thank you Trusty for a solid deal. The watch arrived to my house (NYC area) in about a week.

There is one point that I would like to point out. Whatever was used to clean the underside of the crystal, left a few streaks near the second hand-9 o'clock area. It's only noticable in the sunlight, at a bit of a angle. But I did notice it. It does not affect the watch AT ALL. It's just something that I might take care of in the future.

I am really happy with my new "sport" watch. (Sport relating to casual style of dress, not for activity...)

I will post photos tonight.

sv

Edited by sgv