When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Loosing Time When Crown Screwed In

maxmilian

I have strange problem or maybe not....

One of my 7750 is loosing a lot of time and fast when the crown is screwed in all the way.

If I keep the crown in the winding position it keeps perfect time but if I screw the crown in it loose like 10 min/ hour.

What could be wrong ? is the stem to long ? also sould there always be an o-ring at the crown on a 7750 ?

Sounds like something is definetly wrong with it.

Probably not a movement problem, but I would guess that when you screw the crown down, the pressure is causing the dial or movement to shift sideways and this is pressing on the hands, which is causing the watch to slow down...

I think the movement is not secure in the case, I would check this before I cut the stem down...

RG

Sounds like something is definetly wrong with it.

Probably not a movement problem, but I would guess that when you screw the crown down, the pressure is causing the dial or movement to shift sideways and this is pressing on the hands, which is causing the watch to slow down...

I think the movement is not secure in the case, I would check this before I cut the stem down...

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister

The movement is secured but could it be misaligned in some way ?

Maybe I should loose the movement insert the stem and then secure the movement again ??

Edited by maxmilian

A 7750 is a movement. Movements don't need O-Rings, watches do.

What watch is it?

True that didnt come out right, well this watch dont have a o-ring on the stem and I was figure maybe that makes the stem go in to long ??

Btw got the DJ today...wife is happy thanks !!

Will take some pics and do a writeup soon

I would check the hole in the dial for the hands, and see if it's touching the hands, that is the most obvious problem, but it's very difficult to know without having the watch in person to examine.

If it's stopping when the crown is screwed in place, then someting is moving and jamming up the movement, you have to examine it with a loupe and find where it's moving and what is touching.

RG

I would check the hole in the dial for the hands, and see if it's touching the hands, that is the most obvious problem, but it's very difficult to know without having the watch in person to examine.

If it's stopping when the crown is screwed in place, then someting is moving and jamming up the movement, you have to examine it with a loupe and find where it's moving and what is touching.

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister I will try to really examine the movement.

Ok now I have decased the movement realigned it before putting it back together.

I have to add I usuallly have time to play with my watches like between 2200 and 2400 when the kids is in bed so I havent really noticed one thing before.

The watch loose like 10 min between 2200 and 2400 and between 1000 and 1200.

any other time of day/night it keeps perfect time !!

So anyone Have any idea what could be wrong then ?

It sounds like you have a slipping cannon pinion gear. One way of knowing if the gear is bad, is to turn the crown in the time setting position, if it feels loose and there is not a lot of friction or resistance, this could be the problem...

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister after some googling thats what I was thinking, will a regular ETA cannon pinion gear fit on the asian 7750 ?

And also where could it be bought ?

Edited by maxmilian