When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Based Pam Gmt's

cskent69

Would love to have a discussion on what it takes to add the GMT hand to the 7750. There are a number of these out now - the 89's and 169's. What was done to these movements and how easy is it to change the GMT hand. Can the GMT hand be changed independant of the others?

Moreover - is this reliable. Can it be fixed when it inevtiably fails?

I have only seen one of these, it's here now...broken to heck...and after 1 hour of trying to get it to work, I gave up.

The date change gear is used for the GMT wheel, but the GMT wheel is so large in diameter, that the change gear lever is jamming on it, the lever actually extends into the GMT gear teeth... When the watch arrived, the date change gear was broken in two, and the bottom gear was totally off and jammed up under the mainspring barrel... If that wasn't enough, the sliding gear on the keyless works was also broken in two, but even after replacing both of these gears, and trying everything under the sun, I still can't get it to work...so it's not going to be fixed.

It's no where near the same design as an ETA 7754, so forget spare parts, no idea if this is the norm for this model, or I just got a lemon, but I am not impressed at all...

FWIW

RG

all movements are better than asia 7750 second 6 :victory:

i have 4 watches with 7750 and GMT and they works nice... but don´t use it much

i agree with The Zigmeister, that this movements is unstable... you will know it, when you use the crown and set the time and GMT.

if you has 5 other watches and not much wristtime go for it... but if you need a watch for every day and a very robust movement... so go for a watch with ETA 2836-2 or Unitas movement.

all movements are better than asia 7750 second 6 :victory:

i have 4 watches with 7750 and GMT and they works nice... but don´t use it much

i agree with The Zigmeister, that this movements is unstable... you will know it, when you use the crown and set the time and GMT.

if you has 5 other watches and not much wristtime go for it... but if you need a watch for every day and a very robust movement... so go for a watch with ETA 2836-2 or Unitas movement.