When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$250 Down The Drain.

Corgi

It's very simple........make sure you have someone that can fix your watches in your own country........have it fixed and then work something out with the dealer......it's STOOPIDITY of the greatest magnitude to have a fake item swanning thru' 4 sets of customs or more..with 3x Postal charges.......just to have it repaired......AND....if you don't have anyone that can repir them.....2x things....!

1. Don't buy from me....'cos i won't sell to you.....I 'm not going to assume a lifetime obligation to free you from the constraints of getting off your [censored] to find a watchsmith.

2. Collect stamps or baseball cards.........not delicate mechanical items that need constant servicing...and are at risk from Postal damage.......!

Great point TTK. I've often wondered what the logic of sending back a $100 (retail) watch with a shipping charge of $25 each way. What's the point?

My suggestion to you would be to have a "Damaged goods" section in your dealer section. So, say I buy a Sub from you for $120, and it arrives DOA. Rather than send it back, it gets posted in your section at a price you see fit, with payment to you. Customer ships watch, and once it is received by new owner, credit is applied.

Plenty of "tinkerers" here that would eat that stuff up!

Edited by andreww