When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 6 O'clock Subdial Not Resetting

m4rcus

I bought a used Breitling Chronomat Evolution with the Asian 7750 a few weeks ago. It keeps good time and has been reliable until just recently. The 6 o'clock subdial has stopped resetting. It now moves each half hour without the chrono running but will not reset to zero. The 12 o'clock subdial resets zero and the chrono second hand does also.

Is this behavior that has been seen before? I searched around a bit and didn't find anyone complaining about this particular behavior. Is there anything that can be done to fix it short of a complete service?

Thanks,

-- m

The 6' subdial "slipping" and moving when the chrono isn't activated is a common problem with the 7750. It usually resets after pushing the lower chrono button though. I had similar problem with my old Navi. Ziggy has explained it many times... try the search function.

The 6' subdial "slipping" and moving when the chrono isn't activated is a common problem with the 7750. It usually resets after pushing the lower chrono button though. I had similar problem with my old Navi. The Zigmeister has explained it many times... try the search function.

Oh...guess I didn't know it was "slipping." It doesn't seem to be since it continuously runs whether the chrono is running or not.

I did see some references to slipping when I tried to search a few days ago, but coming up with the correct key word combination is kind of hard to do when your just guessing on what is happening. Guess I'll do some more reading.

Thanks,

-- m

If it's running all the time, then the bottom lever is being pressed against, maybe from the bottom pusher not fully releasing...

If the chrono lever on the movement is being pressed on all the time, it won't allow the levers to reset to the correct positon and line up allowing you to reset the 12 hour subdial.

Check that the bottom pusher is actually coming all the way out of the case and not hanging up somehow...

RG

If it's running all the time, then the bottom lever is being pressed against, maybe from the bottom pusher not fully releasing...

If the chrono lever on the movement is being pressed on all the time, it won't allow the levers to reset to the correct positon and line up allowing you to reset the 12 hour subdial.

Check that the bottom pusher is actually coming all the way out of the case and not hanging up somehow...

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister. I'll take a close look at the bottom pusher.

-- m