When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Cyclopes Have Arrived

HauteHippie

And here are a few.... Plenty more where these came from!

204198-896.jpg

I've been getting PMs, and to answer everyone - I'd really like to test fit these before shipping to anyone. Unfortunately I don't have a suitable watch on which to mount one of these in my hands at the moment so I'm trying to work something out... As soon as I do, I'll fill your orders. I can say right now that I'm quite happy with what I see when simply placing one of these cyclopes on top of a crystal. Distortion looks to be as well managed as I could hope for, and the magnification looks very good.

As for the final specs, here you go:

Diameter: 6.75 (6,75 to non USA members) mm.

Thickness: ~1.22 mm

Material: Sapphire

AR Coating: None

Magnification: 1.55x - 1.7x depending on rehaut

The final diameter came up a hair under what I had originally intended. Without going into technical details, I ran up against an edge thickness requirement that became more stringent half way through production. So I had to make some adjustments. In order to not appreciably increase the total thickness or decrease the magnification strength of these lenses, I had to sacrifice a little in the way of diameter. Nevertheless, I feel these lenses are sized very appropriately.

Stay tuned...

204261-887.jpg

I've been getting PMs, and to answer everyone - I'd really like to test fit these before shipping to anyone. Unfortunately I don't have a suitable watch on which to mount one of these in my hands at the moment so I'm trying to work something out... As soon as I do, I'll fill your orders. I can say right now that I'm quite happy with what I see when simply placing one of these cyclopes on top of a crystal. Distortion looks to be as well managed as I could hope for, and the magnification looks very good.

The final diameter came up a hair under what I had originally intended. Without going into technical details, I ran up against an edge thickness requirement that became more stringent half way through production. So I had to make some adjustments. In order to not appreciably increase the total thickness or decrease the magnification strength of these lenses, I had to sacrifice a little in the way of diameter. Nevertheless, I feel these lenses are sized very appropriately.

Stay tuned...

Amazing - I was just asking Ziggy when a better date mag might become available for the PAMs.

How about send me an e-mail - I think I need a couple of these.

Bill

As far as I know, it's just the French that use the comma for a decimal point ...

Here is a partial list of comma countries:

Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada (French-speaking), Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Faroes, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg (uses both separators officially), Macedonia, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa (officially, but decimal point is commonly used in business), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe

Woops, I just crapped on my own thread. ;)

204317-868.jpg

Stay tuned...

Hi Chieftang,

Is this the correct size for the Pam027 PR?

Thanks.