When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt With Hand Removable Bezels, 3 Watches In 1

bklm1234

Everything looks good on the correct hand stack GMT except the bezel is ugly and the crystal sits low above the bezel insert. Look bezel teeth has no definiton. Totally not sharp:

204708-752.jpg

side too thick:

204708-753.jpg

compare to this bezel from an old cn sub. Teeth are sharp, side not too thick. It's a thinner, better-looking bezel:

204708-754.jpg

204708-755.jpg

But the original is a wider bezel. There's too much clearance between the sub bezel and the watch. What to do? Actually this extra clearance is what makes the bezel hand removable.

204708-756.jpg

Rebend the retainer wire to a pentagon:

204708-757.jpg

Also to make the sub bezel sub flush with the case, bend the wire this way so it pulls the bezel down to the case:

204708-758.jpg

I also have to shave off the click mechanism gear on the bottom of the sub bezel otherwise it won't fit on the case. You're right, no more clicking. I can live with that:

204708-759.jpg

Retainer ring in:

204708-760.jpg

Insert in (I could have glued it in now but I haven't. So bear with me it doesn't sit flush on the bezel):

204708-761.jpg

Pop in the bezel by hand. Turn it a little to make sure it sits squarely:

204708-762.jpg

Check the fit. Looks good and tight. Note the crystal sits high because it's a thinner bezel:

204708-763.jpg

204708-764.jpg

204708-765.jpg

204708-766.jpg

To remove, just pop the bezel by hand:

204708-767.jpg

Bezel's out. Ready to switch to another look. Just make a couple other bezels with Red/Black and all Black inserts. 3 watches in 1. How do you like that?

204708-768.jpg

-bm

Edited by bklm1234

Guest chronomat123

WOW. Good idea. Nice to swap bezels like that, isn't it?

That thing looks amazing. I have a genuine GMT II from 2005 on my wrist right now, same bezel combo, and it looks IDENTICAL. Even the SELs look good on yours. Where'd you get it, if you don't mind my asking (send a PM if you'd like.)

WOW. Good idea. Nice to swap bezels like that, isn't it?

That thing looks amazing. I have a genuine GMT II from 2005 on my wrist right now, same bezel combo, and it looks IDENTICAL. Even the SELs look good on yours. Where'd you get it, if you don't mind my asking (send a PM if you'd like.)

It's from Paul. $179+14 WU fee=$193. It's the correct hand stack version. You're right. The bracelet and SEL are perfect. Besides, the date window is correctly positioned, the cyclop mag is correct. Andrew and Precious Time also carry the same watch with the incorrect hand stack which is a more reliable movement.

204728-746.jpg

-bm

Edited by bklm1234