When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Stopped

Niloc

My first ever rep has just stopped for no apparent reason. I have had it for about three weeks and in that time it has kept perfect time. At 11.21am today it just stopped working. I tried winding it up, rotating it etc to no avail. I know its a rep, trusty 7750 with 28,000bpm and a lot of threads speak about the poor resilience of these movements, but I have never used the start stop timing function just in case and then this happens. It still cost £150 so I did expect it to last a bit longer, or have I been naive?

Is there some secret to getting these watches to restart? should I ask my dealer for a replacement based on three weeks use?

Any suggestions more than welcome

Regards

Niloc

Try swirling it like a wine glass in your palm, dont' hit or slap it... swirling may get the balance moving and unlock the pallet stones...

The problem could be a number of issues, if the beat is out, the movement will lock and you can't get it started again...a watchmaker is needed to adjust the beat.

Or it could be something else, try moving the hands and see if it starts running...I am guessing it's a running seconds at 6 model??

RG

Thanks for all the advice. Needless to say I have tried to swirl it like a wine glass to no avail. I may have owned this watch for three weeks but I have only worn it about 5 days in total and treated it like it was a genuine Rolex. I am not happy about joining any disappointed Daytona owners club, if they are this unreliable why are they for sale?

I will get back in touch with the dealer and see what he says or else I could try and find a friendly jeweller in the UK who could fix it for me.

Thanks

Niloc

Sorry to hear this.. Man, I have a 1st gen Asian "seconds at 6" Daytona I got from TTK when they first came out. Must be pushing 2 years old by now. The seconds hand has the classic jitters that this generation had, but it really seems to have improved with age, and it still runs PERFECT, even the stopwatch. It keeps better time than my genuine Breitling and the steel even seems to be pretty scratch resistant. I had hoped the newer ones would be better.