When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pam 165 From El

mickyblues

Well I just received this watch today. Very nice, and very heavy! A couple of things that Im wondering about, the saphire crystal is not AR coated and I would like to get this(to much glare for my liking). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I saw that Davidsen has crystals for PAM's, are these AR coated and do they have the correct date mag on them? Also the lever to hold the crown is a bit loose when you open it. Any suggestions?

Wow, no replys, come on guys someone must have something to say!

Indeed, the 165 is one of my fav. watches. It is a pity that the rep is only available with brushed steel case... I planning a 165 project by swapping the case for a Ti case of the PAM089 (also swapping bezel and cg). I dunno if that works.... Probably I'll give it a try soon. But soen money will be spent for two watches and I am not sure if the parts will fit...

Indeed, the 165 is one of my fav. watches. It is a pity that the rep is only available with brushed steel case... I planning a 165 project by swapping the case for a Ti case of the PAM089 (also swapping bezel and cg). I dunno if that works.... Probably I'll give it a try soon. But soen money will be spent for two watches and I am not sure if the parts will fit...

I think they will fit snce the movement is the same. Of course the OP#'s and probably the missemillation will be wrong, but anyone who has those memorized will have already figured out your watch is a rep because of the dial, date font and mag, fit and finish, etc.

I think they will fit snce the movement is the same. Of course the OP#'s and probably the missemillation will be wrong, but anyone who has those memorized will have already figured out your watch is a rep because of the dial, date font and mag, fit and finish, etc.

You are right, John. But however, that would be a nice franken-rep project. And I assume 97 per cent will never figure out a rep :whistling::lol: