When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7750 Hands Don't Fit ---> Well, They Do

verbal

In The Zigmeister's post regarding the hand sizes he made an excellent listing of all the variable hand sizes so I new what to do when replacing the Asian 7750 from my Tag Carrera with a Swiss 7750..

Hour and minutes hands went all right, so did the sub-dial registers and I new I had to figure out how to attach the center seconds hand.

No problem, in The Zigmeister's post it was all clear I needed the .25mm center seconds hand, so off to Ofrei and ordered a couple of .25mm hands to play around, these : HAN-6462 HANDS

I know, not the same as original..

After receiving these and a couple of other goods, (didn't want to spend US$ 27 on shipping for just the hands :whistling: ) I gave it a try but the damn things simply won't fit :wounded1: the hole is still too small...

Am I correct to state the the .25mm The Zigmeister mentions is the same .25mm Ofrei is listing.? or what other reason can there be it doesn't fit ?????

What am I missing here (besides the skills yeah :-))

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by verbal

1. They could have made a mistake and sent you the wrong size hand, maybe it's 0.20mm

2. New hands are sometimes hard to get installed the first time.

3. Place the new hand upside down next to the center post, and examine it compared to the post, do they look the same size?

If you think it's the correct size, you can broach the hand with a small broach (tiny cutter to open the hole in the hand a small amount), this should allow you to get it installed.

RG

It's impossible for me to measure the post and the hole, by the looks of it through a mag. glass it should fit..

i'll try the broach and see what happens..

Thaks for your input !!

1. They could have made a mistake and sent you the wrong size hand, maybe it's 0.20mm

2. New hands are sometimes hard to get installed the first time.

3. Place the new hand upside down next to the center post, and examine it compared to the post, do they look the same size?

If you think it's the correct size, you can broach the hand with a small broach (tiny cutter to open the hole in the hand a small amount), this should allow you to get it installed.

RG

Did the hands for the sub-dial registers fit When reading The Zigmeisters post it looks like they are not the same size but did it work ?

All you had to do was to get a new chron second hand ??

Wow !! maybe I will do that swap in my Tag link chrono.....where did you get the movement ?

\A

Yes, they all fit, however the hour hand was a pain to get on but it all worked fie, registers are runnunig smooth, the hands are not falling off, I assembled the watch except the center seconds hand and had some wristtime for a couple of days to find out if the hands would stay in place.. hey, an amateur way of testing, works for me :-)

the final idea is to use only the tube of the .25mm hand and stick it on the rep seconds hand, if that fails I'll try to get a genuine from the local AD..

The movement came from ebay, paid $170, (from a german reseller)

Thanks for th input.....i better go movement digging then.

Just finished the "heart transplant" and it all worked out well, the OFREI hands were extremely tight but it fits.

The way I did it (and that qualifies to newbie watchsmith) is to glue the rep hand on the center bit of the Ofrei hand (basically trimming the hand down to just the circular bit with the .25mm bus)..

I'll make a few pics in the morning and post them, all in all, I'm pleased with the result, a keeper for sure :victory:

Just finished the "heart transplant" and it all worked out well, the OFREI hands were extremely tight but it fits.

The way I did it (and that qualifies to newbie watchsmith) is to glue the rep hand on the center bit of the Ofrei hand (basically trimming the hand down to just the circular bit with the .25mm bus)..

I'll make a few pics in the morning and post them, all in all, I'm pleased with the result, a keeper for sure :victory:

could you please clarify did you cut the ofrei hand and used the tube ??

could you please clarify did you cut the ofrei hand and used the tube ??

Right... hard to explain but I'll try... I used the Ofrei hand and cut it down to just the tube and the base attached to the tube, I glued that to the bottom of the rep hand after cutting off the rep tube. hope this makes it clear, I have a few pics I'll post tomorrow.

Regards,

Robert