When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Smp With Gen Hands/dial

scoobs1971

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gen. Omega doesn't sell just the insert. You would have to buy the entire bezel for $169 which won't fit correctly anyway. Your watch looks great and if you enjoy working on it, that's all that matters. I picked up a use SMP on the bay for $900 or so. No papers, but it's real. I've seen some good deals on ebay if you are will to wait.

well when the Advertisement says "Aftermarket", well you know that its not genuine.

Unless an ad says "genuine omega bezel/insert", the other ones are all aftermarket, especially when they say "FOR Omega seamaster"

Ok, thnx for explaning! So where did you buy your insert or did you buy a complete gen bezel and took off the insert?

Sorry to [censored] on your parade scoobs, but that bezel insert is exactly the one that started to appear on the reps about a year ago. The pearl is the same one fitted on the noobmariner ie. great for Rolex but completely and utterly off for Omega.

Sorry to [censored] on your parade scoobs, but that bezel insert is exactly the one that started to appear on the reps about a year ago. The pearl is the same one fitted on the noobmariner ie. great for Rolex but completely and utterly off for Omega.

I already cancelled the parade and the afterparty... :black_eye:

So any chance I can find a good aftermarket insert without needing to buy the complete gen bezel?

...i bought months ago an aftermarket insert from ebay (the seller was called like "raymondleejewellers" if i remember well)...

That insert's color and pearl were far better than the rep insert and closer to the gen both in color and pearl , BUT , the pearl was Off-Center and it showed off very well...

I contacted the ebay seller to ask if there could be something done about it but i was speaking to the wall probably..

The aftermarket insert kissed me goodbye one day that i was riding my motorcycle so i installed again the rep one... :p

@ Rob

Actually, the genuine bezel and insert actually fits the older SMP models - which is the same one that the OP has shown us.

I have fitted it on my old SMP with no problem - you just need to secure the ratchet on the case, the bezel actually snaps right on.

I wondered when you'd come in and point that out :D I was pretty sure that was the case myself. I've never actually attempted to fit a genuine bezel/insert but when I had my own SMP bezel and insert off for re-alignment it looked awfully like the genuine item ie. the insert is a cast piece rather than just cut and pressed from a sheet of metal. Most aftermarket bezel inserts I have seen are of the latter, incorrect design and AFAIK the latest reps use this wrong design. A genuine insert would of course be too big to fit a bezel designed to take the aftermarket inserts.

An interesting side note to this is that the ultimate Planet Ocean also uses a bezel insert cut and shaped from a flat sheet, but to achieve accurate pearl 'depth' the pearl is fitted into a hole drilled into the actual bezel. A genuine insert will not fit, but I'd stick my neck out and say that the complete genuine bezel and insert assembly probably would fit as the ratchet and spring design looks identical.....

I've never actually attempted to fit a genuine bezel/insert but when I had my own SMP bezel and insert off for re-alignment it looked awfully like the genuine item ie. the insert is a cast piece rather than just cut and pressed from a sheet of metal. Most aftermarket bezel inserts I have seen are of the latter, incorrect design and AFAIK the latest reps use this wrong design. A genuine insert would of course be too big to fit a bezel designed to take the aftermarket inserts.

Ok, I've lost you on this one, haha. Are you saying that the complete gen bezel/insert fits my SMP, but that the gen insert won't fit on the rep bezel?

I have fitted it on my old SMP with no problem - you just need to secure the ratchet on the case, the bezel actually snaps right on.

How do you secure the ratchet on the case? On the rep it's a pin that fits in the small hole of the case. Is that different on a gen bezel?

Ok, I've lost you on this one, haha. Are you saying that the complete gen bezel/insert fits my SMP, but that the gen insert won't fit on the rep bezel?

<<snip>>

On the rep it's a pin that fits in the small hole of the case. Is that different on a gen bezel?

That's the later rep SMP design and is indeed different to the earlier reps and the gen which use a long, shaped spring for the ratchet assembly, so it looks like none of the genuine parts (bezel or insert) will serve you.