When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Smp With Gen Hands/dial

scoobs1971

haha R11co.... we sure know our Omegas.... =)

you can secure the rachet using 2 part epoxy. than the bezel just snaps on and thus has 120 clicks, not your usual replica 60 clicks.

I wouldnt be too concern about the bezel actually - you may want to upgrade the crown/tube to genuine though - definitely the weakest part of the replica.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, that's exactly where I bought mine from, hahaha. Oh well...

I would recommend everyone to AVOID buying from that ebay seller.

The fact that you bought from him and they send that insert (which is very different from what i got months ago) proves that their source is totally inconsistent about what they provide to them.

The seller also has a very bad communication and attitude when issues arise.

For example they advertise their inserts to be like genuine and they state that the buyer would not tell the difference from the gen...Totally rubbish.

They also use the same picture on all of their inserts auctions. You never receive what you see!

I wouldnt be too concern about the bezel actually - you may want to upgrade the crown/tube to genuine though - definitely the weakest part of the replica.

You got me listening.. :)

Can you describe or maybe post a pic to illustrate what the difference is? Would that be a simple swap?

I also hear some people about the CG's. What is off on the rep?

The tube and crown swap (has to be done as a pair as the gen tube is internally threaded whereas the rep external) is not for the faint hearted.

Part number for the crown is OME-069ST42147. Lost details of which is the correct tube, but I'm sure MVB will know... :D

The tube and crown swap (has to be done as a pair as the gen tube is internally threaded whereas the rep external) is not for the faint hearted.

Part number for the crown is OME-069ST42147. Lost details of which is the correct tube, but I'm sure MVB will know... :D

Thnx! So what is the heavy part?? :g:

I have to agree with Scoobs on the matter whether a replica should 'fool' a trained eye or not.

As far as my opinion goes, I like the way an SMP looks but don't want to pay 1,700 euros for one. So reps are my opportunity to own watches that have the looks I love without doing 'favours for sailors' in the docks or selling coke to highschool kids. Of course, the closer a rep comes to the real thing, the better, but I'm not paying half the price of a gen SMP for a rep, parts and shipping to get a watch that looks 99% like the real thing. That's why I've accepted my flawed dial, He Valve, crown guards, bracelet screws and so forth.

IMHO, the only way to get a watch that can fool any watch connoisseur is to buy the genuine SMP, other way, someone will always find it out. And once more, for me, owning a great looking automatic watch is about taste, not about money, and I believe that a closely repped Omega SMP is as tasteful as a genuine.

That said, I do have respect and understanding for the guys who do want to push the boundaries of reps, for they put some hard and smart work into a cool hobby.

Cheers!