When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another One...

spa

Well, this is the most "confused" rep i ever bought...(i always wanted an expo II but i was never pulled the trigger up to now.

Why? who knows :rolleyes: )

I'm the most confused owner too ... Should i be happy with this purchase or not...? Well i am half happy and half dissapointed..but the fact is that i wear this watch while writing this, so i guess the balance bends to the "it's OK" side :)

Well, don't be afraid to criticise this...It can handle everything after the criticism it got from me.

Many flaws here, not the best model we got from the far east but at least has a gentle and good heart :p (2836-2) so

i'll be nice with it.

Let's see:

Daylight-cloudy-indoors-no flash-tripod-macro mode-self timer.

front...

208384-73.jpg

front again...

208384-74.jpg

back...(the model number writings have already left us...)

208384-75.jpg

Crown, crown guards and rehaut...

208384-76.jpg

Room lighting only, for the next ones... (light bulbs)

208384-77.jpg

208384-78.jpg

208384-79.jpg

Let's reveal the writings on the dial... (take the hands out of the way)

208384-80.jpg

Another "rehaut" point of view

208384-81.jpg

Nice angle here...

208384-82.jpg

Clasp, etc....

208384-83.jpg

All flaws revealed in this high resolution pic...(looks bad huh? read below :) )

208384-84.jpg

And last but not least, this is a picture taken with Normal focal length (50mm) which is as you probably now the nearest approach to what our eyes see in reality.

Camera distance from the watch was about 38cm which is just the distance you have between your eyes and wrist everytime you do a time check :)

208384-85.jpg

Looks nice from that distance, no? :) If it only had a correct GMT hand.................... :whistling:

Not a bad one. The bezel looks good except for some smudges on 24 and 2. You should be able to clean that off. It is a GMT hand adjustable (incorrect hand stack) so it should be more reliable than the hour hand adjustable. The GMT hand pin hole metal isn't too fat, that's good. The crown is of correct shape.

The flaws:

- triangle on GMT hand is wrong, the edge is too thick. Don't bother with it

- the date window and cyclop are too far right, the cyclop mag is too high. Don't bother with it.

- CGs need reshaping, sand the bottom of the U all the way to the edge of the bezel so the crown sit right at the bezel edge (of course shorten the stem). After that you should have a very good-looking and reliable Explorer II.

- bm

Tnx for the good words guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nevertheless i can find much more flaws on this that you may didn't notice...

some of them:

1) GMT hand of course has wrong triangle (black edge too thick as you noticed) but also has WRONG COLOR...

The red color is very deep red, not the red color tone that you see on the gen.

2) All dial markers are glued TOO CLOSE to the minute line markers. This results on the following "super flaws" :

The 6 o'clock marker almost touches the "Swiss Made" writing which is wrong.

The 12 o'clock triangle marker shouldn't be so close to the minute markers above it. That results to a greater space between the 12 o'clock triangle marker and the rolex crown printed on the dial.

3) I am not sure if the "r0lex oyster perpetual date explorer II" writings are of the correct size overall.

4) I am not sure if the crystal perimeter (at the points where it meets the case) should be like this. Something wrong cathes my eye there...

5) Dial markers -> are these black or silver? :p :p :p Sometimes (under certain lightning conditions and angles) look black, other times look semi-silver semi-black :p

Otherwise a nice looking watch ^_^