When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you travel with your rep ?

Golfman

I would like to take my 005 (pics below) for my next holidays (Djerba), but i little bit scared about custom !!!

Do you think is dangerous to travel with PAM rep, and particularly with this one (from josh, so recess pin, ..)

Thanks for your feedback

210504-16839.jpg

210504-16840.jpg

210504-16841.jpg

I travel internationally and I just wear my PO. Why tempt fate?

By the way, what is the black band you have pictured? Who makes it and what model is it?

Usil

Usil,

Your PO is a gen or rep ?

The black Strap is a Mario Pacci 2 black with ivory steaching from Eliot (fantastic strap)

Wouldnt worry at all about that. Lets face it, 95% of the population has not idea even what Panerai is at all. Of the remaining 5% maybe 5% would be able to spot a fake from a gen. And from there one should be so unlucky that a customs officer should be the one stopping you and asking you to show your watch? Has anyone ever been asked to show your watch in a customs control looking for fakes? And if if it was a fake and the customs officers sees it, would he care? We are not exactly talking about 500 grams heroin here. No I would say it is absolutely risk free to travel with a fake. Or even argue that it is better wearing a fake watch when travelling since it is less money so if you loose it is not the end of the world. Loosing a gen can be a bit more anoying.

I would like to take my 005 (pics below) for my next holidays (Djerba), but i little bit scared about custom !!!

Do you think is dangerous to travel with PAM rep, and particularly with this one (from josh, so recess pin, ..)

Thanks for your feedback

Wich rep are you wearing in this case ?

Never have been looked by custom ?

Hi,

any of the 3 in my signature...

Customs look more after what's in your luggage than what's on your wrist.

When I go to Switzerland, I wear an genuine Swiss watch, so that if they check anything, they can feel happy about Switzerland's export power to France :lol:

Wouldnt worry at all about that. Lets face it, 95% of the population has not idea even what Panerai is at all. Of the remaining 5% maybe 5% would be able to spot a fake from a gen. And from there one should be so unlucky that a customs officer should be the one stopping you and asking you to show your watch? Has anyone ever been asked to show your watch in a customs control looking for fakes? And if if it was a fake and the customs officers sees it, would he care? We are not exactly talking about 500 grams heroin here. No I would say it is absolutely risk free to travel with a fake. Or even argue that it is better wearing a fake watch when travelling since it is less money so if you loose it is not the end of the world. Loosing a gen can be a bit more anoying.

I would just avoid hiding some drugs in the watch's case...

:bangin:

I wear one and usually bring another one or two in a simple leather case. All that has happened is that I get complimented on them. :thumbsupsmileyanim: The watches don't look brand new and its not like you are carrying the boxes or papers.

Concern over Swiss watches in Switzerland is pretty funny. I used to travel to Switzerland monthly and no one ever gave it a second thought. After all, no Swiss citizen actually makes Swiss watches other than the movements in super high-end watches. It is all guest workers. :bangin: