When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

mixed the perfect 177H lume color

flavor flav

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your experience on color mixing.

Beautiful work.

How do we know for sure that Panerai use a mixture...I have heard arguments and comments from both sides, some saying

"I have seen the GEN and they are all C3 as compared to a relume I have with Superlume C3...they are identical..."

And then another member posts

"I have seen the Genuine PAM's in person, and it's not C3, it's whiter...more of a C1 and C3 mix..."

So who do I belive? are they both right??? I am still confused and not convinced that it's not C3 or a combination...

I wish we had some definite answer on this question, there is no Panerai dealers where I live, so I can't comment.

RG

RC Tritec actually told me that they exclusively use C3 from them but they do apparently also source luminous materials from other companies. I also rang Panerai UK and asked them about it and they said C3 as well.

Well, i think it should be more white :) i don't care how accurate they are :)

Definitelly NOT C3 in it's pure unaltered form, period. It (C3) may well be the 'base carrier' lume, but mixed with other pigments to make it appear white or slightly off-white/ivory.

Whoever says it's pure C3 must be color blind...sorry guys to be rude here, but we've beaten this horse to a pulp over and over again on all three forums and we still have people asking the same questions :angry:

I've got 5 of my 44mm Luminor rep watches done in different C1/C3/C7 mixtures...so far the closest one compared to a gen 000 Base @ my AD shop is a mix of 3/4 C1 with 1/4 C3.

cheers,

babola