When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yacht Master Bezel

Tim

I got one of the new design Rolex Yacht Master watches. I think its a great rep, but was wondering if there was a way to make the click stops as you turn the bezel more "clicky". Right now that are very soft and the bezel moves easily--a little too easily.

/Tim

The clicks are supposed to be soft in the genuine as well. The tighter click bezel is only on the submariner.

Really! I didn't know because I've never held a gen Yacht Master. But this design is becoming my favorite of the Rolex reps. I thought it should be a little tighter because you can easily move the bezel out of position. A test for me is I rub a single finger along the side of the bezel. I figure that they should have enough resistance so that you cannot easily move the bezel with one finger. The Yacht Master moves easily. None of the others do.

/Tim

Really! I didn't know because I've never held a gen Yacht Master. But this design is becoming my favorite of the Rolex reps. I thought it should be a little tighter because you can easily move the bezel out of position. A test for me is I rub a single finger along the side of the bezel. I figure that they should have enough resistance so that you cannot easily move the bezel with one finger. The Yacht Master moves easily. None of the others do.

/Tim

Tim, what was mentioned in response to the clicks is absolutely correct. I once thought the same thing you do. I felt that there was no way a Rolex would have that soft a feel on a bezel. Yes, you can move it with one finger as you say. Then, while passing through the airport in the UAE, I stopped to look at some Rolex watches in an AD there. I had my Yachtmaster rep on. Well, they had the gen, so I asked the attendant if he could show the gen Yachtmaster to me. He did and the first thing I checked was the bezel and I rotated it. It has the same gentle click that you mention. I was a bit relieved as I felt I had a faulty bezel on my rep. Not to mention, the rep was so close to the gen in appearance. But, you will not be satisfied until you feel it for yourself in an AD. Go check it out.

Tim, what was mentioned in response to the clicks is absolutely correct. I once thought the same thing you do. I felt that there was no way a Rolex would have that soft a feel on a bezel. Yes, you can move it with one finger as you say. Then, while passing through the airport in the UAE, I stopped to look at some Rolex watches in an AD there. I had my Yachtmaster rep on. Well, they had the gen, so I asked the attendant if he could show the gen Yachtmaster to me. He did and the first thing I checked was the bezel and I rotated it. It has the same gentle click that you mention. I was a bit relieved as I felt I had a faulty bezel on my rep. Not to mention, the rep was so close to the gen in appearance. But, you will not be satisfied until you feel it for yourself in an AD. Go check it out.

Thanks! That really helps to know. While the Yacht-Master is probably about my favorite Rolex, I really cannot understand why Rolex has the cache that it has. In many respects they are not all that impressively put together even though many say that Rolex over engineers their watches. I really like the YM rep I got from Trusty but I do not know if I ever would invest in a gen.

Did the AD notice your replica?

/Tim