When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cobra raffle car video

rdorman

A couple of weeks ago three of our club members made the trip from Columbus Ohio down to Alabama to pick up the replica of the 1966 Cobra, 427 S/C car that we are raffling off for Cystic Fibrosis. One of the guys put together a video of the car and it is a must see!

Seems to me it is about 7 minutes long so you have been warned!

Of course, you can get tickets to win the car at www.londoncobrashow.com

• 2 months later...

I purchased a couple of tickets back when you first posted the raffle. I wish that you hadn't repeated the offer, because now the odds will get worse with all the new interest.

Nevertheless, I think my chances are great, because I am working the whole deal through "The Secret' process...you know positive vibes etc. After I win I will post a few shots of it with my Daytona watch to show scale. I believe my Silver 6263 dial will perfectly match the silver paint on my new Cobra.

I bought $500 worth of tickets last year. The only problem I have this year (if I read the rules correctly) is that if you order online you will not receive tickets showing your purchase. If I read it correctly your ticket numbers will be sent to you at your request. After all that let me say this is one bitchin car.

I purchased a couple of tickets back when you first posted the raffle. I wish that you hadn't repeated the offer, because now the odds will get worse with all the new interest.

Nevertheless, I think my chances are great, because I am working the whole deal through "The Secret' process...you know positive vibes etc. After I win I will post a few shots of it with my Daytona watch to show scale. I believe my Silver 6263 dial will perfectly match the silver paint on my new Cobra.

I hear you... but after all it is for charity. Karma is in your corner!

I bought $500 worth of tickets last year. The only problem I have this year (if I read the rules correctly) is that if you order online you will not receive tickets showing your purchase. If I read it correctly your ticket numbers will be sent to you at your request. After all that let me say this is one bitchin car.

The system is automated this year. Once you are done in Paypal it will link you (or you can click the link from paypal) back to our site. There you will find a receipt and your raffle tickets for you to print if you like. On top of that, the Paypal will send you a receipt and the LCS site will automatically email you a receipt with your ticket numbers... it looks like this:

Your 2007 London Cobra Show (June 22-24) Raffle Ticket Number(s) are:

Please Print this receipt for your records. You need not be present to win.

For questions related to the LCS Raffle please contact us at info@londoncobrashow.com

Official raffle Drawing Date is: June 23, 2007

Transaction Number:9AF16929129875630

Transaction Date:5/7/2007

Thank You for supporting the London Cobra Show!

Just before the drawing, all tickets sold are printed and put in a barrel. We have a young child with CF that makes the drawing at the party on Saturday night (sorry, private party!) Right there in front of about 600 people. The whole thing is filmed as well. The remaining tickets are then locked up for audit.

It is suprising, at least it was to me, how much you have to go through to raise money for charity. Forming a non-profit corporation, all the accounting and IRS regs, by-laws, officers, liability, indemnity, etc, etc, etc. Should be a lot easier. Since we don't have a single employee, that makes the task all that more complex. Getting manufacturers to donate the car every year is no small feat either. Although through years of working togther (along with the five day long London Cobra Show attended by folks from all over the world in which they display) we have developed a good working relationship/reputation with them. They know we will bend over backwards to help then get the most from their 'advertising' dollars. Most manufacturers that donate write it off as advertising instead of a charitable contribution and after all we have gone through to form a non profit... I know why!!

On behalf of all the family and victoms of Cystic Fibrosis... thanks very much for your support!

Thanks for clearing it all up and this is without a doubt a good cause.

Not a problem! One would think it would be easy to raise money for charity. Hold out hand, collect money, donate to charity. Unfortuniately it generally is not that simple. 1000's of volunteer hours per year... and it feels good!

I'm in for 5 tickets. I spend over $100 per week on scratch off lottery anyway......................

I think I'll go with a panda dial pam while I'm driving this one.

Thanks for your support! I am thinking my 196 daylight. Big and in your face like the car and the colors match. :thumbsupsmileyanim: