When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

reliability at r@lex GMT function

who

I'm looking to buy the Explorer II but I have some concern about the Long Term Reliability on the Basterdized 2836-2 movement after reading The Zigmeister's review

Since they have 2 different design.....GMT hand Adj & Hour hand Adj (correct hand stack).......is the Basterdized 2836-2 only found on Hr Hand Adj model? I did a search but do not find too much info about how different is the structure of the Incorrect hand stack vs Correct hand stack and I don't know if both of them have the same Basterdized movement in it.

any advice and suggestion is welcome :)

Thank You

I have the Explorer II with adjustable hour hand (which I'm told is the correct hand stack) I haven't had any problems with it, but honestly it doesn't see much wrist time as I've been consumed lately with wearing my PAMs or Breitlings. I do love the watch I basically leave the GMT hand to 24 hour time and it's that hand which drives the date change, which makes knowing if your watch stopped am or pm much easier.

As far as reliability I haven't heard too much negative, not like the daytona with running seconds at six.

That's all I know

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I know I probably will leave the GMT hand alone as I don't have that much chance to goto different time zone like those require by their job.

I also read some review about GMT watches and I agree the correct/incorrect hand stack is not much of a big deal even I know the genuine does have Hr hand adj.

I'm actually more willing to find out is the GMT adj model also carry the same Basterdized movement ( sorry, I couldn't find the answer from The Zigmeister's ) but they have less problem cuz the Hand stack in incorrect order, is my theory correct?? B)

Any 2836-2 model that is functioning as a GMT model, is basterdized. ETA did not (to my knowledge) ever offer this model as a GMT model.

If your going to choose one of these, do NOT get the one with the GMT hand ABOVE the hour hand. That model is terrible, poorly made, and problematic.

If you get the one with the GMT hand NEXT to the Dial, it's well made, has none of the problems or defects as the other one, and should be fine. Basically this model is using the same design as the genuine ETA 2893-2 models...

I think this answers your question??

RG

Any 2836-2 model that is functioning as a GMT model, is basterdized. ETA did not (to my knowledge) ever offer this model as a GMT model.

If your going to choose one of these, do NOT get the one with the GMT hand ABOVE the hour hand. That model is terrible, poorly made, and problematic.

If you get the one with the GMT hand NEXT to the Dial, it's well made, has none of the problems or defects as the other one, and should be fine. Basically this model is using the same design as the genuine ETA 2893-2 models...

I think this answers your question??

RG

I believe that this would be the Explorer II with adjustable hour hand or correct stack that The Zigmeister is referring to...hold on let me check mine.....

yes confirmed GMT hand closest to dial has adj. hour hand

I believe that this would be the Explorer II with adjustable hour hand or correct stack that The Zigmeister is referring to...hold on let me check mine.....

I believe The Zigmeister's advice is Correct Hand stack [crystal ( min/Gmt/Hr/Dial) base] aka" Hr hand Adj" is not well made.

yes confirmed GMT hand closest to dial has adj. hour hand

Steve, I think if the Gmt hand is closest to Dial.....it should be the Incorrect hand stack model aka "Gmt hand Adj" :g:

Edited by who

I believe The Zigmeister's advice is Correct Hand stack [top ( min/Gmt/Hr/Dial) bottom] aka" Hr hand Adj" is not well made.

Steve, I think if the Gmt hand is closest to Dial.....it should be the Incorrect hand stack model aka "Gmt hand Adj" :g:

Correct hand stack for the EX II is from dial to crystal:

Hour

GMT

Minute

Sec

Regards