When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calibrating Asian 7750? - up to 1 hour off

1 hour is a huge amount of time to try and adjust...

You should have a watchmaker check and verify the watch on a timing machine, the beat may be out. But it's unlikely that the beat is out enough to cause 1 hour of loss... the fact that it's loosing time, leads me to think it's a defect.

Most likely, your problem is a slipping cannon pin, they tend to be defective on the 7750's, if when setting the time, you feel little to no resistance, you have a bad cannon pin. The fix is to replace the cannon pin.

RG

• 1 year later...
1 hour is a huge amount of time to try and adjust...

You should have a watchmaker check and verify the watch on a timing machine, the beat may be out. But it's unlikely that the beat is out enough to cause 1 hour of loss... the fact that it's loosing time, leads me to think it's a defect.

Most likely, your problem is a slipping cannon pin, they tend to be defective on the 7750's, if when setting the time, you feel little to no resistance, you have a bad cannon pin. The fix is to replace the cannon pin.

RG

Thanks, i just experienced this problem on my new 400usd Chopard rep. There was no resistance when setting time. And the the was 30 minutes in just less than half a day. Setting the adjustment bar a very tiny bit slower made it run also half an hour slower. And vica versa. Will send the watch back to our Chinese friends for repair and i can even explain to them what the problem and solution is. Great!

Thanks a lot for the informative post.

Gr, Hooky