When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The $1 Million Dollar Panerai

Pam-O-licious

As you already know, a 203 got sold @ 77,000 USD last september in a Hong Kong Sotheby's auction.

So 100,000 USD is inside the market.

Bur 1M, I agree, is a promotion action.

Tourbillion, I seem to remember that you once said that the Angelus 240 is [censored]...

Ok, he wrote me and this is what he said. Contact him if you wish. Tim

i am looking to get $105,000 for this watch. let me know your thougths.

OJ Whatley, President

Watch-U-Want, Inc.

954-961-1445 office

305-502-4533 cell

954-961-7055 fax

Hi

some poeple has misunderstand me... or may my english is poor

Here again my statement about angelus240:

this movement is a simple old vintage movement. Speciality of this movement is the 8 days power reserve in a 35mm small diameter. This is rare on vintage calibers. It is a nice looking movement (when new) but without decoration or any extra function... also it isn

" I dont understand this statement - these are angelus movments. How can they be only in spirit when they are actual angelu's 204's? "

I was talking about the newest Pam movements in the link provided in initial post.

IMHO, The old Angelus movements are actually less quality that the best current chinese movements found in PAms and FA Jones.

IMHO, The old Angelus movements are actually less quality that the best current chinese movements found in PAms and FA Jones.

Is your opinion based on having held one in your hands and or having serviced both of these movements? Or is you opinion bassed on nothing other then a feeling you have?

I hold one in my hand (see photo) and to me if you consider when it was made it is a hell of a movment.

Being that Panerai fully re-built these movements for the 203 I would say that they are probably damn fine movements.

BTW - My SF2040 was working when it was purchased for roughly 250 euro - about one year ago.

Is your opinion based on having held one in your hands and or having serviced both of these movements? Or is you opinion bassed on nothing other then a feeling you have?

I hold one in my hand (see photo) and to me if you consider when it was made it is a hell of a movment.

Being that Panerai fully re-built these movements for the 203 I would say that they are probably damn fine movements.

BTW - My SF2040 was working when it was purchased for roughly 250 euro - about one year ago.

When it was made it was a very good movement...I agree. But now, ... not bad but not really high quality. You can do a lot of things with today's technology to make it better than original, and I suppose that is what Panerai does. But, it is kept not because of quality of original, but because of historic significance for Panerai. But, Panerai will now build their own movements and they are in a totally different class. There is a good deal of subjectivity in making judgements about movements, and this is only my opinion.

Hi

some poeple has misunderstand me... or may my english is poor

Here again my statement about angelus240:

this movement is a simple old vintage movement. Speciality of this movement is the 8 days power reserve in a 35mm small diameter. This is rare on vintage calibers. It is a nice looking movement (when new) but without decoration or any extra function... also it isn

All opinions aside ,any collectible object is worth exactly what a person is willing to pay for it, and thereby sets the standard and precedent for fair market value. Perhaps this may seem unfair to some , it is what makes the world go around however.

As you already know, a 203 got sold @ 77,000 USD last september in a Hong Kong Sotheby's auction.

So 100,000 USD is inside the market.

In another HK Sotheby's auction last October a PAM-203 was sold for 92,800 USD. :mellow: In the same Sotheby's auction a PAM-290 (SE of 1 unit, a Luminor GMT 8 Days with blue dial) was sold for 85,100 USD. Also, a Firenze set (PAM-224 + 228 + 229) was sold for 40,200 USD, around 2.5 x list price.