When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging interest in a Destro Arktos

leftydna

The Arktos and North Pole would be one of my favorite Panerai's but for one problem, they are not Destro.

Even so they have been calling my name and luring me in. So a Fantasy Destro Arktos has been on my project list for some time. The missing piece to the puzzle is a Destro Arktos dial. Minimum orders of custom dials seem to be around 500 pieces, which even at a great price adds up.

Now if 100 people were interested in getting this fantasy watch we could probably bring it in at a reasonable cost. So I am trying to guage exactly how much interest there would be in this.

If you would be interested, post your interest and any comments here. Also anyone who could help with contacts or better pricing for custom dials or any other parts needed for this project please chime in.

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

Ned is totally sold out, but I heard he's got a great deal on a Genuine Lefty Homer watch! :whistling:

So does that mean you would be interested in getting one?

For those interested, post what you would be willing to pay for one Destros Arktos with spare dial, (be plenty of those if we pull this off)

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

Check with Flanders over at the Leftorium! :tomaatit:

Seriously lefty - I'm a big Pam sub fan so I empathize with your dilemna. Hope you can pull it together.

So does that mean you would be interested in getting one?

well um...er...I am a righty

but like I said - I do empathize with your plight AND if you need a commitment, hell - I'll give you one just 'cuz I believe in the cause (and cuz I'm a frivolous SOB who occasionally acts irrationally)

Ya, hell sign me up. Perhaps I can put it next to the cyclops I agreed to buy from chief just because I like the thought of Group Buys and appreciate people organizing them but don't have the slightest idea what do with since I don't have any watches that utilize the part I'm paying for.

I look forward to it!

You guys are AWESOME!

But I gotta ask, where is the Destro Love?

Where is the Lefty support?

Where is Ned Flanders with a bulk order for the Leftorium when you need him?

Where are the Panerai nuts who would have a very unique piece?

Or even a few of you who were watches on both wrists, you need a matching left and right set, don't you!

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

I don't think you will get many people interested in this.. I am a big lefty fan but for models that they exist.

We try to convince dealers to make 1:1 and extremely accurate watches... Wish you good luck but your project is doomed before even starting.

V, I love your posts primarily because of the great pics, and the fact that you are a lefty fan. but not sure you are right on this one. First for us Panerai nuts that are Lefties as well there a a limited number of Destro Panerai models that were made, 11 total counting vintage, pre-vendome, and richemont. Then there are the addition models, two handed especially Radiomirs that can be reworked, Gen or Rep to be turned into a Destro (turn the movement 180 degrees, etc.) But after only fantasy models are left. In one sense this would be a rep as much as a custom. not quite like the 75 chronopassion lefty submersibles, but some collectors would enjoy having a unique piece, that even paneristi's wouldn't have! LOL I know this will be a tuff project to get going, but hopefully you will be proven wrong.

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

I don't think you will get many people interested in this.. I am a big lefty fan but for models that they exist.

We try to convince dealers to make 1:1 and extremely accurate watches... Wish you good luck but your project is doomed before even starting.