When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Honoring Commitments!

I know this has been hashed out before, but I think it is worth appealing to everyone again....

It is quite frustrating when members respond to "gauging interest" posts with "I'm in for X" only to disappear at the completion of the project. For the Panerai cyclops project, I had more than enough "I'm in for X" to justify spending my own cash to produce these lenses. I even added some slop to the totals knowing there would be falloff. Now, at this point, I've sent PMs to everyone who had previously committed to these lenses in prior threads, and yet I haven't even received enough responses to those PMs to make me believe my costs will be covered. So, if you've received my PM and know you are still going honor your commitment, but will just be delayed in doing so, please say so. Or if the $25 lens you committed to a couple months ago is too much of a financial hardship now, fine. Or maybe you've sold all your Panerais and never intend to own new ones. Whatever, just let me know. I would appreciate it. I just find it very disappointing and flat out rude that people are simply ignoring me. Now, on the positive side, I did have one member say "I committed to 3, but now I only need 1. Yet I will live up to my commitment and purchase all 3." This goes above and beyond the call of duty, and I would have been more than happy to simply sell him the single lens he now needed.

As far as current orders go, I've got most mailed out as of today. I've got about 4 more international orders yet to mail (they don't allow me to use the kiosk for those), but expect to get in to the post office to ship those tomorrow.

So, thanks for listening and I hope to hear from everyone! A response one way or the other will help me gauge my own interest in heading up future projects.

-- Chief

I didn't order one, and to be honest I don't need one - seeing as I don't own a Panerai with a cyclops.

But I might one day!

I would be happy to take the place of a no show, if you would like.

Maybe it'll inspire me to buy a new watch!

I appreciate the gesture. Anyone who wants one is more than welcome to a lens, of course.

Chieftang, I will be paypaling for mine tomorrow! Responding from my mobile. Thanks for putting this together for all of us, I know it's a [censored] to put something together and people not come through. I'm sure more members will follow up, I'm just checking the posts since I got your PM.