When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Instructions for Omega SMP Chrono?

Turdly

Just received my SMP Chrono from Josh, I am in love with it.

I have a couple of stupid questions and my search for instructions for this watch on this forum was not successful.

I have unscrewed the crown and wound it up. I now see the seconds at 9 running very smoothly. It runs!

I have set the date. So far so good.

But now I wonder...how do I screw the crown back in? Also, how do I set the time? I am nervous about doing anything as this is the Asian 7750 28800bph movement.

Just received my SMP Chrono from Josh, I am in love with it.

I have a couple of stupid questions and my search for instructions for this watch on this forum was not successful.

I have unscrewed the crown and wound it up. I now see the seconds at 9 running very smoothly. It runs!

I have set the date. So far so good.

But now I wonder...how do I screw the crown back in? Also, how do I set the time? I am nervous about doing anything as this is the Asian 7750 28800bph movement.

So far the closest thing I have found here to actual instructions are this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...93&hl=The Zigmeister

Is the "big" seconds hand supposed to be sweeping the face of the watch or only the smaller seconds chrono at 9?

So far the closest thing I have found here to actual instructions are this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...93&hl=The Zigmeister

Is the "big" seconds hand supposed to be sweeping the face of the watch or only the smaller seconds chrono at 9?

The big seconds sweeping hand is the chrono aspect. To stop press the upper pusher and then the lower pusher to reset. To start process (chrono) remember upper pusher to start and stop---lower pusher to reset.

Great watch---I have one myself.

Hi Turdly

basically simple , unscrew crown........ winding position

pull crown to first click.....date set

pull crown second click ......time set

push crown back in until it wont go any further, it will feel springy, push a little while screwing up the crown,

sometimes its better to turn crown slightly anti clockwise till you feel the thread seat itself then screw up normally.

Go gently as you dont want to wrong thread it and strip the threads on the crown tube.

Chrono.... second hand at 9 runs all the time when the watch is wound.

to start the sweep(large) second hand, push the top button once

to stop the sweep hand press the top button again.

to re-set the sweep hand and sub dials to zero press the bottom pusher, only use the bottom pusher for reset NOT for stopping

and for longevity only reset when the sweep hand is between 10 and 2

Hope this helps you

enjoy your new purchase

cheers

Colin

Hi Turdly

basically simple , unscrew crown........ winding position

pull crown to first click.....date set

pull crown second click ......time set

push crown back in until it wont go any further, it will feel springy, push a little while screwing up the crown,

sometimes its better to turn crown slightly anti clockwise till you feel the thread seat itself then screw up normally.

Go gently as you dont want to wrong thread it and strip the threads on the crown tube.

Chrono.... second hand at 9 runs all the time when the watch is wound.

to start the sweep(large) second hand, push the top button once

to stop the sweep hand press the top button again.

to re-set the sweep hand and sub dials to zero press the bottom pusher, only use the bottom pusher for reset NOT for stopping

and for longevity only reset when the sweep hand is between 10 and 2

Hope this helps you

enjoy your new purchase

cheers

Colin

Thank you very much, Colin.

This seems to have worked great.

But you're saying to stop the sweep hand *only* when it is between 10 and 2, correct? And I stop this with the top pusher? For resetting, I should always stop the sweep hand then reset? (Don't reset while it's moving).

Correct?

Hi Turdly

Stopping the sweep hand between 10 and 2 limits the amount of strain on the hand pivot and reduces the risk of the hand becoming loose and not re-setting properly.

ALWAYS START and STOP using the TOP pusher, bottom pusher for reset only. NEVER try to re set whilst hand is moving.

Cant stress these details enough, if you want to have a long and problem free time with your watch.

best regards

Colin