When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to wind a watch

pv007

Hello,

Sorry for this really noob question but I need to know something regarding winding an automatic movement with the crown

I have read The Zigmeister saying that for Asian 7750 wwe should wind the watch with the crown but it's and unidirectional winding movement

So do we have to move the crown FORWARD or BACKWARD ?

Same question with MECHANICAL movement

FORWARD or BACKWARD

And Swiss ETA such 2824 2836, i Know it's bi-directional

So we can move the crown FORWARD and BACKWARD right ?

Thank you for your answers and sorry for this really noober question :wounded1::thumbdown:

For a 7750 I would wind the crown in the forward position gently. I typically wind all my watches regardsless of movements this way. Also, because its an automatic, you really don't need to wind too much or at all. Should start to run with a few gently swirls of the watch in your hand.

Also be very careful setting the date of this movement. Do not set the date between 10:00 and 3:00 as it could cause damage to the gears. Best way is to rotate hands until you find AM...set watch to say 6 or 7 am...then change date...then set current time. Works for me.

Thanks for the tips ;)

I need to give full power to the movement that's why I was asking because my brand new Asian 7750 movement stops too much time during the day.

Perhaps another problem may occur but I'm going to try first this way.