When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling BCE Dial question

Bodo

Compared my Ultimate BCE to a Gen yesterday. The concentric circles are definitely there on the rep but don't appear quite as noticable. Also noticed a few other minor things.

The bezel markers at 12,3,6,9 are slightly larger on the rep.

The Bezel pearl is actually a bit larger on the rep.

The Breitling logo on the dial is a bit more defined on the gen.

The date font is much more bold on the gen.

Very very slight differences in the clasp thickness but hardly noticable.

All in all the differences are very very subtle. The owner of the Gen, my good friend, was amazed at the quality of the watch. He felt the weight and only noticed the logo on the dial on his own. I noticed the rest of the differences myself. Of course I told him up front mine was a rep so he knew immediately to look for flaws. Had I not told him he may have never noticed them.

Cheers!

The only way to make it 100% to chronomat evo date font, is to get a genuine, take the date font out. Then get a 1:1 copy of the font, print them out for the 7750, and refit it all. This is a time consuming and difficult project and sounds far too simple the way I have just phrased it.

I would stick with the fontalready in there, no body will notice, unless they also have the same replica, or are outstandingly observant and in which case, they know far too much about Breitlings and their datewheels hehe

The only way to make it 100% to chronomat evo date font, is to get a genuine, take the date font out. Then get a 1:1 copy of the font, print them out for the 7750, and refit it all. This is a time consuming and difficult project and sounds far too simple the way I have just phrased it.

I would stick with the fontalready in there, no body will notice, unless they also have the same replica, or are outstandingly observant and in which case, they know far too much about Breitlings and their datewheels hehe

I'll wait..... I'm sure a mod or new gen will appear.... Orrrrrrr, buy the gen 2, and only wear it on days without a 1 or single digit in it

You might be waiting for a very long time. It is unlikely the factory will bring out another generation of watches when it is almost 100% accurate already. It wouldn't be cost effective to do so. Also we have to remember it is only a rep, if you want it 100%, you'll have to buy the gen, there are always going to be some flaws somewhere, even if they are small!

You might be waiting for a very long time. It is unlikely the factory will bring out another generation of watches when it is almost 100% accurate already. It wouldn't be cost effective to do so. Also we have to remember it is only a rep, if you want it 100%, you'll have to buy the gen, there are always going to be some flaws somewhere, even if they are small!

Ahhhhhh.... that is correct... which is why i ask... look at the thread(s) on both this board and RWI... you'll see people, many, willing to go thru the process, pay, try..... to mod a better font. That said, if people are willing to do that..... i would bet they would pay a couple $ xtra to have one. much like the pre buy of months ago for the mod'd EVO. just a thought

Ahhhhhh.... that is correct... which is why i ask... look at the thread(s) on both this board and RWI... you'll see people, many, willing to go thru the process, pay, try..... to mod a better font. That said, if people are willing to do that..... i would bet they would pay a couple $ xtra to have one. much like the pre buy of months ago for the mod'd EVO. just a thought

You are completely right. There is a process of a watch being released and then it being upgraded and resold as the next generation at a later date.

I have lost count of the amount of Planet Ocean's that have been released over the time I have been on this board. It seems to have got to a point where the Ultimate BCE is the final edition. If it's not, it might be a long time before another is released purely becuase it's just so damn good, there isn't that much to change.

Watches like the Steelfish, and basically the 'super reps' are unlikely to see a next generation in the foreseeable future.

This is just my view, I may be completely wrong and we may see one next week, who knows :)

You are completely right. There is a process of a watch being released and then it being upgraded and resold as the next generation at a later date.

I have lost count of the amount of Planet Ocean's that have been released over the time I have been on this board. It seems to have got to a point where the Ultimate BCE is the final edition. If it's not, it might be a long time before another is released purely becuase it's just so damn good, there isn't that much to change.

Watches like the Steelfish, and basically the 'super reps' are unlikely to see a next generation in the foreseeable future.

This is just my view, I may be completely wrong and we may see one next week, who knows :)

They'll come out with the new date and upgraded bezel engravings....... two days after I buy the older version I'm sure