When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ive never seen one like this before!

diver_dylan

I have one, they work just great.

One of the problems with the screw type, is that sometimes you can't push the pin thru, because it doesn't line up on the "out" side, and comes up against the plastic "wall"

These overcome that problem.

BTW, they are on ebay Oz right now, starting @$9.99 ( but watch the freight)

Also available is a similar tool for punching holes is straps... equally as good.

Offshore

Joe,

Replacement pins from the blue ones fit these ( or at least they do in my case)

Most tool suppliers have pins cheap.

I have never had a problem needing various size pins... one size seems to do the job.

Anyone had a different experience?

Offshore

BTW here is the ebay Oz link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/9076-watch-tool-WAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest avitt
only problem is that i see , where would u get replacement pins and do they interchange with different hole sizes?

Yeah, the pins are a concern. Mine came with two different diameter pins, and the smaller one is starting to show some wear. But if you line things up properly, and don't force anything, they will last a long time.

Joe,

Replacement pins from the blue ones fit these ( or at least they do in my case)

Most tool suppliers have pins cheap.

I have never had a problem needing various size pins... one size seems to do the job.

Anyone had a different experience?

Offshore

BTW here is the ebay Oz link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/9076-watch-tool-WAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

its not usual to be much differences but recently the chanel ladies ceramic , is just slightly smaller hole size than the normal ones lol

i was basically going by what i saw from the took , it looked reallly cool other than i was wondering about those pins , cause they will eventually break from wear, and that particular dealer of the tool didnt seem to have the replacements for sale, but im glad u have one and any replacment will fit

i may have to try it , it looks even simplar than my horotec one, lol

thanks

joe

Guest avitt

Here's a tip when you use this tool: To protect from marks, I wrap the bracelet in plastic wrap (like Saran wrap) before placing it into the tool. Then I just push through the wrap with the pin. It helps to protect both sides, and keeps the bracelet pin from shooting across the room by accident.

I have been using one of these for some time now that came originally from Otto Frei.

Comes with five different diameter size pins.

The weak point is that it does not come with any base plate shims.

The pin needs to go in perfectly straight vertically or you will snap the pin in two.

The tolerances is some of my reps is not good and sometimes it takes a tremendous force to push the pins out.

I see no vantage with respect to a normal screw-type pin remover.

ss,

There are times when you need to push a pin, say up near a watch case, when you can't get the bracelet square, in a screw type pusher you will be unable to push the pin into the gap on the other side, it will just push in to the "wall"

With these you can push from above/below the bracelet, and almost always get the pin you want out.

But I still use my screw type more often (and I would do 20 or 30 band jobs a week)

Offshore

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I got scammed on the tool! lol

What the hell. The guy has thousands of positive fedbacks! I payed on the 17th and never heard from him. Ive writen a few times, and not one reply!

I dont get it. What sucks now is that I planned on it getting here before the Tag Carrera I bought for my GF. Oh well. Damn.

D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I have one of these, It works well but there is one issue. On some watches especially Omega's the pin must be pushed more than half way out before it can be easily removed. This tool only has a pin of about 6mm or so. For split pins with the bulge at one end its the best tool going as its so quick but I find I use the old black plastic screw type more often still.

Ive got a few of these in stock (UK)

No great advantages

save for speed of use

The eBay pictures dont show the best bit.... driving a pin BACK IN with the top part

A pictures worth a 1000 words so.............

PUNCH PIN OUT:

224727-13552.jpg

PUSH PIN BACK IN:

224727-13553.jpg

Tempted to say idiot proof (but we all know it wont be!)

Edited by narikaa

Ok, I got it yesterday! The same day I got my gf's Tag from Angus. I ordered them a week apart and they came in the same day...go figure!

Thanks for the pics, I was using the pointy bit to push the pin back in....Im an ass.

D

Remind me again...what did I say about idiot proof? :whistling:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by narikaa