When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex-pam project.

flavor flav

i'm working on a custom rolex movement vintage pam for a member here and i'm trying to find a tall cannon and hour wheel for it. the only numbers on the movement are 761733. does anyone know what movement this is? jules borol lists a ton of parts but i can't seem to find this movement listed.. this is the only holdup i have with finishing this watch. i don't want a recessed cannon pin!

218953-15007.jpg

218953-15008.jpg

It looks like the Russian Moljina movement to me but I'm no expert. Where did you get it, dealer, more info might be helpful!

Don't be LEFT out

LeftyDNA

i'm working on a custom rolex movement vintage pam for a member here and i'm trying to find a tall cannon and hour wheel for it. the only numbers on the movement are 761733. does anyone know what movement this is? jules borol lists a ton of parts but i can't seem to find this movement listed.. this is the only holdup i have with finishing this watch. i don't want a recessed cannon pin!

The movement in the picture is an authentic Rolex movement. Without seeing the front, I cannot tell which it is. It id definitely NOT a Russian movmt.

That you found one that fits in that case (I am assuming without a spacer), limits it to about one of about 5 or 6 possibilities. Have a reference book at home, and will take a look tonight. Regardless of which it is, I suspect the cannon pins are essentially the same diameter regarding the cal of the movement- given that specific sixe movement.

If I can check this evening, will post tomorrow- rounding in the hospital until the cows come home. Ugh.

-O

The movement in the picture is an authentic Rolex movement. Without seeing the front, I cannot tell which it is. It id definitely NOT a Russian movmt.

That you found one that fits in that case (I am assuming without a spacer), limits it to about one of about 5 or 6 possibilities. Have a reference book at home, and will take a look tonight. Regardless of which it is, I suspect the cannon pins are essentially the same diameter regarding the cal of the movement- given that specific sixe movement.

If I can check this evening, will post tomorrow- rounding in the hospital until the cows come home. Ugh.

-O

the edges had to be shaven down almost 2mm to fit the case which means it was a bit bigger... i'll dissassemble and get a shot at the front of the movement. the biggest issue is the cannon pin is very short as is the hour wheel. also the diameter of the cannon and hour wheel is much smaller than the unitas so mods had to be done to get hands to fit. a longer cannon would be a dream! i'm waiting for rep fiddy hands as they have long tubes and i can get the clearance over the seconds hand but a tall cannon would be ideal here..

I am surprised the 2mm difference does not cause the case to foul the balance wheel- usually they come pretty close to the outer edge of the movement.

-O

still plenty of room for the balance! there was an edge around the baseplate to hold the movement in the front of the case. that's basically what i removed.