When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew Or Davidsen

~oM~

Hi im new to this forum and would like some help from much more experienced members than moi ;) Well im considering to get my first REP and i was hopin to go for PANERAI pam 104 which is the black leather strap, black dial, 44mm, automatic . Now i think this only comes in new asia valjoux 7750......

Well my question is is this movment for this specific watch good.....has any one of u have any complaints with this movment for this watch.....and my second question is that who should i pick for this watch....i have heard alot about DAVIDSEN that he is the besttttttttt when it comes to panerai's and than i saw one at ANDREW at trustytime.com and he is quouting me a good price under 300$ with new asian movment.....now i yet have to hear from mr DAVIDSON as he doesnt have his website so i have to email him for this specific watch.....and i heard he is a bit expensive aswell....now you guys know both of them im sure many of you have dealt with either of them....so pls pls gimme an honest suggestion wat should i do....should i go for a diff model which has SWISS eta cuz it is realllllllly worth havin and spend 200 more....or i should stick for this one.....and which one should i pick to order from.....andrew or davidsen....which one do u think holds the best reputation when it comes to panerais....thankx

...and which one should i pick to order from.....andrew or davidsen....which one do u think holds the best reputation when it comes to panerais....thankx

Both good and reputable dealers. I've ordered more than 10 reps from Andrew with excellent service and excellent watches. I am now waiting on a PAM 177H from Davidsen. The difference in price with davidsen is based usually on his mods. The watch I'm waiting on has the improved cannon pinnion, superlume, Davidsen dial and crown, etc. If you buy a PAM from Andrew, you'll get a nice watch. If you want the right cannon pin/lume/etc. then you'll have to pay somewhere else to get these extras. Once again, both good dealers, nice watches...all about the details. The Asian 7750 has a reputation for problems, however, if you search the forum and read the reviews (The ZigmeisterZumba) you'll find that it can be a good movement. I have four with 3 months of no problems, but I'm really a newbie with limited experience. From my perspective, I'd go with the less expensive Asian as my first rep, then as you get smarter from all these great minds here, and form your own opinions, you can move up or just buy more. Good luck.

Deen

Thankx mate im gona go for PAM 111h from davidsen...i have emailed him so hope to hear from him soon....its a manual winding watch....as i have heard its better to go for manual winding in pam's....so this is a good model....black dial with 44 mm and black leather strap and gona get some more straps later on....cheers