When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first strap for a customer.. with a special leather

V

I have found 2 wallets from the 50's and 40's to make some straps...

Shultzie paid for the strap and didn't bother about the leather so I thought to surprise him. ;)

This leather is really vintage from 50's and with a magnificent colour changing from dark brown to light brown.

In this one the white stitching works well.. I am waiting for him to tell me if he wants one custom hole or regular.

Photos:

220358-14641.jpg

220358-14642.jpg

220358-14643.jpg

220358-14644.jpg

220358-14645.jpg

front and back sides are the same?

Great work man, straight stitch and lovely leather. My bows to you :)

No because the leather is not so soft to touch the skin.. I put him my Italian Tan leather for backing ;)

220388-14638.jpg

I loved the leather

I loved the shape

I loved the stitching

But pls change the color the thread to ivory from solid white

(For me pls... :)

PS:

Clue Why dont you add shoe paint(Brown) into wax and then coloured the thread?. This is the easiest way to give a color to thread Or you can apply used motor oil (dark brownish)

Really nice straps again

I loved the leather

I loved the shape

I loved the stitching

But pls change the color the thread to ivory from solid white

(For me pls... :)

PS:

Clue Why dont you add shoe paint(Brown) into wax and then coloured the thread?. This is the easiest way to give a color to thread Or you can apply used motor oil (dark brownish)

Really nice straps again

Ok.. my next mission is to find new colour threads.. If Turkey wins Greece this Saturday I will never use white thread again :p

Now seriously it is very pleasant that all the good words came from you.. that you know something more than me ;)

Kostas, pls tell me where did you got that tan hide from? :) Ive looked dozens of places finding nothing like yours :p

Well I got this leather from a Greek shop in the center of Athens.. Greeks have a big tradition with leather goods and there is a street where you can buy hides.. Lots of shops and hundreds of hides to choose from...

Next week I am going back and I will return with many new different ones..

I am open to any suggestions .. whatever you want to see :)

Work of art, mate !

Great result, and I agree with others - ivory stitching works much better on PAM straps...also one of the areas Greg Stevens straps need a "bit of work" IMO :) Just as you, he's already looking at optional thread colours to replace his plain white stitching.

cheers,

babola

I wish I could find a steet where hides to get that easly :)

how much are hides there? and how big? can you get a hide that is 10x30cm? Or you've to buy a whole 1m^2 ? I have something on my mind, but later :)

btw I would like to see you making a brown tan with black angled stitching :)

Edited by pubus

I wish I could find a steet where hides to get that easly :)

how much are hides there? and how big? can you get a hide that is 10x30cm? Or you've to buy a whole 1m^2 ? I have something on my mind, but later :)

btw I would like to see you making a brown tan with black angled stitching :)

Most of the stores sell full hides 1x2 meters.. I have found 2-3 stores with pieces of leather.. They are less expensive and you can do many custom straps without having a pile of leather unused.

They are the same quality but in small irregular pieces (basically only useful for making small leather pieces by hand like we do)

For my production of the three Mignatta straps though I went with the full hides.

• 2 weeks later...