When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing chrono movement

gregers

I've looked in most places on here but I can't seem to find any specific info about removing the new 7750 chrono movement.

There are lots of good tutorials about other movements but nothing that I've been able to find about chronos in general or this particular movement. I know that the principles are fairly similar, but it would be useful to have something more specific before I set to work with my lump hammer and chisel. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Good luck. Any problems, just post to the repair forum and someone should help. :D

Mr. P., Sir!

Thanks for the excellent sequence of photos on this topic. You have no idea just how helpful these are to a relative newbie. Without information like this, unless one has an intuitive mechanical bent most of us would be just blundering around, scared to death that our next move would be the one that wrecked the watch.

Much kudos to you and all the others who take the trouble (and it clearly takes a fair bit of effort) to share their valuable knowledge.

Much kudos to you and all the others who take the trouble (and it clearly takes a fair bit of effort) to share their valuable knowledge.

Yeah, but you have to realise I too was just blundering around, and that's an ETA 7753! Of all the rep movements, I have to tinker in the most expensive. :blink:

I wish I could have put text with the pictures, but after photographing the endeavour, I just wanted to relax. :D

ps. I guess I have what you'd call mechanical aptitude.