When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real or fake?

Pugwash

Thanks Pug.

I would say that's a replica. Fit and finish looks outstanding, but the there is definitely no curve on the S like the genuine. I can't imagine breitling would change the font throughout the production process. Also the 'ring' around the peral is too thin. The gen has a thicker ring, therefore making the pearl itself slightly smaller than the replica pearl.

He's posted your requested rear shot.....

Gen. :bounce:

Damn, these reps are closer than I thought. My dial is identical to his apart from the better applied lume and the lume blobs on the chapter ring.

Everything else looks identical.

Pug does yours have the serial numbers on the end links? the one pictured on Josh's site doesn't appear to have them.

Let me get the bracelet as mine's on leather at the moment ...

I have numbers on the last moveable links, not the actual end links.

So it's the chapter ring lume and the end link serials then, allways good to know what to look out for on ebay scam auctions.

Yup, I'm not sure about the pearl any more. It's too close to call. One of these on eBay with a leather strap will be hard to spot.

Maybe someone will point out something obvious that we've missed, but there appear to be enough slight variations (date wheel?) that this is close enough. :blink:

Yes, it's gone to the top of my list of accurate reps. I believe don't own anything closer to gen.

• 4 months later...