When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After five years...

TWP

..I am giving up chewing tobacco tomorrow. I have tried several times and thought tomorrow would be good since I am making a trip to the dentist to get my teeth bleached. Nicotine is a very hard substance to give up, but I know that it can be done. I started chewing when I gave up smoking unfiltered camels for fourteen years...cough..cough..and my wife plus my two wonderful children are two excellent reasons to quite...

...on a more somber note..I can hardly stand wearing watches anymore :shock::cry: I suffer from ulnar nerve compression and median nerve compression in my left arm. Wearing watches aggrevates my median nerve at the tranverse carpal ligament (carpal tunnel) as I tend to wear my watches right above the radial styloid....on my right extremity I suffer from a ganglion cyst on the dorsum with origins being the scapholunate joint. This is right were your wrist flexes with the metacarpals in the hand. Right under the damn caseback of my watch.....

...guess things could be worse. After wearing watches since childhood it feels as if I am walking around nude :( Now I am forced to carry on old Elgin pocket watch all the time..oh well..could be much worse....this was the last watch I wore, briefly for a couple hours today....didn't even pay attention to the date window..depressing

223071-13938.jpg

223071-13939.jpg

best of luck to you epoch on your quest to quit chewing tobacco....

so sorry to hear about your inability to wear watches.....that would be really tough.....hang in there.

deltatahoe

Not to worried about the tobacco...not wearing watches is the depressing part...thanks.

Ouch! That is rough stuff not being able to wear a watch when u want! I get a rash on my wrist every 5 years or so from maybe cat fur or something. Usually it would last 2-3 days where I have to slap on some hydrocortizone. No watches for 2-3 days is hell. I feel naked without a watch on my wrist.

PS. Best of luck with your addiction. I have been nicotine free since Octover 2006 and Ive never felt better. Live long!