When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley GT 9 0'clock button

maxse

I was just curios what the button on the Bentley GY is at the 9 o'clock position is.

I have a rep of course and when I try to push it nothing happens, it doesn't even move. Is it the same way on the gen?

Isn't it a dead giveaway if someone holds the watch and pushes the button to see it work? Thanks.

Hi Maxse

Its not a button ! its a helium escape valve :blink:

apparantly its purpose on the gen would be to equalise pressure on the inside of the watch

after saturation dives. do a search, there`s been 2 or 3 interesting discussions on this topic from members a lot

more knowledgable than me.

enjoy your new purchase

Cheers

Colin

found it thanks guys. Ive also found a post can't remember now who said it though, that as you turn the outer bezel it is supposed to rotate the inner bezel through some kind of mechanism on the gen. On the rep only the outer bezel is rotates... But is the inner bezel supposed to rotate as well?

Its not a Helium valve. Its a cover for the transfer gear that takes the rotation from the outer bezel and rotates the inner bezel inside the case. The Bently crystal is fixed to the case, not the bezel like the Navitimer. If you look in the Breitling Bently catalogue there is a good graphic showing the assembly.

cool thanks! But on the rep the inner bezel does not rotate right?

Also slightly off topic but I went to the AD today (took my watch off) to look at the bentley GT. Well they onl had the newer GT in stock with only the mid-links polished. But I took a look at the date font and it wasn't even red like my rep! But it was dark brown! Now is it because it's a newer version or is the font supposed to be dark brown?

All the pics online that Ive seen show it as dark brown and not red at all like on our reps. any comments about this?