When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating ETA 28xx movement

Rolexman

I tried the search function many times but was not able to find an article on regulating the ETA 28xx for more than 20 secs. If someone does find it please forgive me and please post the link here.

I know the screw is for fine regulation, but how do I need to regulate the speed if it gains more than 20 secs. a day?

Is it okay to gently tap the B lever counter clockwise (like the Asian 7750)? I know it has to be the lever with the mainspring passing through (The Zigmeister, 2006). I don't know if this is the B lever though.

Borrowed the pic from Gioarmani's post.

224087-13654.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

I tried the search function many times but was not able to find an article on regulating the ETA 28xx for more than 20 secs. If someone does find it please forgive me and please post the link here.

I know the screw is for fine regulation, but how do I need to regulate the speed if it gains more than 20 secs. a day?

Is it okay to gently tough the B lever clockwise (like the Asian 7750)?

Yes, you can move lever "A" towards the other lever "B" and this will make it run slower. DON"T Touch lever "B" it's the beat one...

The best way to do this, without damaging the hairspring, is to remove the rotor and autowinder bridge. In my subforum, there is a post on replacing the rotor. The only thing not covered in that post is the autowinding bridge. To remove the autowinding bridge, remove the rotor, then the two "Black" screws you see holding the bridge in place. When you install the winding bridge, put in in place, install the screws but don't tighten them, and turn the crown like your winding the watch, and make sure the autowinder gears turn, tighten the screws slowly each one, and turn the crown to make sure the gears stay connected to each other. Then install the rotor as shown here.

Link

As always, use a loupe and good tweezers when you adjust the arm to avoid damage to the hairspring.

RG