When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM CROWN STEM

maxmsu

The stem comes with a CN 6497 manual movement... I broke it. yeah, don't ask why. Anybody please tell me where to get a replacement??!

I tried asking some dealers on borad and they either don't have any or don't want to source one for me.

Anybody can help a bro out?? :mellow:

I broke it. yeah, don't ask why.

Nothing is easier than breaking a stem while trying to unscrew it from the crown tube. Too late I discovered that it is sort of soldered to the stem with a small drop of some metal glue.

On the other hand, if you broke it because of a too tight CG+lever, so that you now want to re-use your crown, take into account that removing the broken piece from the crown tube is a nasty task for that same reason.

• 8 months later...

I'm glad I found this post...time to revive it... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My crown stem snapped when I tried to adjust the time today and I have a couple of questions:

There is a small bit sheared off in the crown tube and there is nothing to grip and unscrew.

Anyone have any tips to get it out?

How do I remove the stem from the movement to replace it? (I have a Pam Daylight 196, so I don't see a screw to release the stem as in bruce79's tutorial)

Anyone know why this would have just snapped under normal use? (If the guard lever is too tight, I need to fix this to stop it happening on the replacement).

Thanks anyone who can help.... I owe you one!

Edited by psymetry