When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Asian 21 Power reserve

jeff g

I have two Omega's that I have purchased from Andrew in the last few months.

One is the SMP Pro (black dial), and more recently the GMT. Both are the cheapo Asian 21 movements. I have noticed often that after wearing the SMP, and putting it away in my watch case that 2 and 3 days later it is still running and keeping good (accurate) time just sitting in the box.

A few days ago I received my latest Omega Asian 21... the GMT. According to the bill of lading, the watch was shipped on the 20th and I received in here in CONUS on the 26th. 6 full days in transit. When I opened the package, I was amazed to see the watch still running and the date in the date window was correct!!!! - the 26th.

That is a first, for me. I can only assume that whichever Asian 21 movement these watches have in them is a pretty damn good one for a cheapo watch. I have more than a few 'ETA' movements that maybe run for 24 hours after removing them...if that.

Anybody else have this same experience??

50+ hrs? you sure they are not quartz? (j/k) :p

Seriously, it is good to hear those asian movement is not as bad as some people think.

how come no one create a thread like " who got the longest power reserve in their watch ?"

I agree that the packages are shaken in transit. However, ALL the automatics I have ever received before have never been running. Not only was this one running (with the incorrect time) but to have it have rolled the date over for six days I think is amazing. Who knows?, maybe it left China with the date coincedentially set at 26, but I doubt it. Nevertheless my point concerning these two specific movements is that they both seem to have a really long reserve.

FWIW.

All my automatics have come running...never was the date or time what it should be. And yes the asian movements when working properly are every bit as good as their ETA counterparts. In some cases my Asian 21 J movement Power Reserves outlast ETA off the wrist