When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screws arrangement for AP Royal Oak Chronograph

TmeShare

Does anyone know if the screws that attach the 2 links from the case to the strap are 2 short screws or 1 long screw pin (with a screw head) attached by a smaller screw head on the other side? I am trying to remove the screw on mine and have a bugger of a time!!

TimeShare

The screws are a short pin that goes through the end link with a thread where it enters the case. There is one at each side and do not travel through the case like a Panerai.

Thanks watcher. I got an AP ROO Chrono on a rubber strap and one screw was missing, was trying to figure out if some others I had would work. Caertainly not easy screws to remove as I tried on the other side and decided against trying it. I bought an extra bracelet for the watch that is probably useless to me as these screws are best not messed with!!

TimeShare

The screws are a short pin that goes through the end link with a thread where it enters the case. There is one at each side and do not travel through the case like a Panerai.

Watcher, jsut to confirm these are the screws in the case not the screws that go through the rubber strap, correct?

TimeShare

I have the steel bracelet version but I think they are the same and I did mean the screws into the case lug not the strap. Also I do not think the case is exactly the same on the two versions, steel and rubber so it may not be possible to fit a bracelet to the rubber version.

I fitted a rubber strap to my MBW Offshore but the fit is not perfect due to the shape of the cutouts in the case.

Here is a pic of mine with rubber fitted

225863-13350.jpg

I have the steel bracelet version but I think they are the same and I did mean the screws into the case lug not the strap. Also I do not think the case is exactly the same on the two versions, steel and rubber so it may not be possible to fit a bracelet to the rubber version.

I fitted a rubber strap to my MBW Offshore but the fit is not perfect due to the shape of the cutouts in the case.

Here is a pic of mine with rubber fitted

225996-13322.jpg

Watcher, much thanks for the photo and follow-up. Even though I have an bracelet on the way I will probably leave the rubber strap on mine based on the weight and frustration factor of messing with the screws.

The person who put mine together was really hard on the screws for the strap and the caseback screws (it looks like he/she tried to do it with a too small of a screw driver and wearing wool mits). I look forward to the missing screw arriving so I can wear my watch, real surprised the watch with was shipped as the one lug (where the screw is missing) sticks up and does not sit flush. There is no way this could have been missed by the person wrapping it to be shipped.

I ordered a few screw pins from Ofrei which are said to be for Panerai but are not the regular panerai pins, the ones I ordered have a long screw pin and then a shorter screw pins. These pins are wider at the end and taper down, you can see a picture at http://www.ofrei.com/page888.html. If they work they would be a source for future replacement. I will let your know.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare