When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to Quote something

stang

I've seen several people quote an entire post (pictures included) by using the QUOTE button at the bottom-right side of a post. This option copies everything, which makes load times longer and makes it difficult to determine what specific statements the author is attempting to address.

Try this method instead...

1) use the POST REPLY button at the end of the thread (bottom of page). It's the one between FAST REPLY and NEW TOPIC.

2) Select (highlight) the content you're referencing and Copy & Paste it into the reply window.

3) Precede the text you're quoting with ["quote] and end the text with ["/quote]. Don't include the " ... I'm just using them for illustrative purposes to avoid invoking the feature. This will make:

["quote] How do I reference something another member wrote? [/"quote]

appear like this ...

How do I reference something another member wrote?

I don't see much of this style of "quoting" so I'm assuming many people aren't aware of how to do it. Quoting the entire post, pictures included and sometimes more than once, is unnecessary and cumbersome. Try this method instead. Good luck! ;)

Sincerely,

Jeff

*edit* of course, now that I've submitted this topic I'm seeing lots of "selective" quoting (as above). Well, maybe one person will find it useful. :brow: