When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I remove/replace bracelet on my PO Ultimate?

finisterre

I changed my links without problem, it just takes a lot more time than usual. The pins are not the usual split-pin design. There is a sleeve in the center piece that gives a very tight fit. This sleeve will fall out when you remove the pin and has to be inserted before the pin is driven back.

Resizing the bracelet is easy if you have a pin removal tool, e.g. item FB-506 from Otto Frei (http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html). The tool comes with three attachments of different lengths. Start with the shortest and push out the pin as much as you can in arrow direction. Then take the next longer one and push out the pin more. With the longest attachment you should get out the pin more than half of its length. Then take pliers and pull out the pin. Don't loose the sleeve, it will fall out at this point. For inserting the pin I used a hammer, now against arrow-direction. It will go easy through the first piece of the link since there is no sleeve. Then you need to get it into center-piece with the sleeve. This needs some force and I was not successful pushing it in. So, that's where the hammer comes in. Drive the pin in until only 1 or 2 mm stick out. Then use the pin remover tool with the shortest attachment, align it with the sticking-out pin and push it back in all the way.