When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to take a break April 15-29th. Will be posting some new stuff when I get back.

RWG Technical

I would like to see one on how to work on hairsprings. Sometimes you find a watch with a hairspring out of whack, maybe a small kink, or bend that should not be there. There is a maxim in the old watchsmith books, that says the measure of how good a watchsmith is, is how good he is with harisprings. I'll admit, that I am not as good as I would like to be, and hairspring techniques are not easy to come by. This may be too much to ask for...so, if you cannot, that's fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like your thoughts on the new Pam GMTs using the Asian 7750, and maybe a patial breakdown of how that works.

Maybe also a thorough photographic comparison of all the 6497 Pam movements being used right now. There are the Asian versions with cote de geneve and the Panerai repetition, the real ETA version with better finishing and cote de geneve (and maybe Panerai repetition?), and the--I think likely--fake ETA version with a [censored] instead of a bridge.