When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken 16610 Submariner

HauteHippie

Actually, I used "rolex date" and then just wade thru all of the Date watches, etc! This guy is down in Sugar Land which is a suburb of H-town. He's not the greatest, but I also noticed he has ETA Rolex hands. I've bought other rolex type aftermarket stuff from Clark Watch Supply- nostalgia2000, with good results- but as I recall, ubi didn't like his sub hands. I don't know if this guy's hands are any good, but you can see he has a lot of aftermarket stuff. BTW, I'm not planning on making a purchase from Paul at this time, because I bought his Perfect Sub last month, I just haven't gotten around to dealing with my TW Best case, which entails drilling the lugs holes more on center than they already are, in other words, I have one of the cases w/ the off-center holes!

his bezels are the EXACT same as the one for $29 so save yourself the funds there. (it is the one on top, the other is the original TW best bezel before being upgraded)

230823-12142.jpg

His inserts are hit or miss but he has replaced the ones that had only half full pearls the other look descent. (if you don't screw it up trying to thin it out)

230823-12143.jpg

One set of hand from him was reallygreat but the other set had a too short second hand and the hands were flat with no curvature what so ever.

[sorry no pic}

The date discs are not to bad at all, better than the stock TW best (sorry for no straight on shot but I do not have one on my laptop and I am not at home this weekend)

230823-12144.jpg

I have orderd one of his retaining rings but have not recieved it yet.

Actually, I used "rolex date" and then just wade thru all of the Date watches, etc! This guy is down in Sugar Land which is a suburb of H-town. He's not the greatest, but I also noticed he has ETA Rolex hands. I've bought other rolex type aftermarket stuff from Clark Watch Supply- nostalgia2000, with good results- but as I recall, ubi didn't like his sub hands. I don't know if this guy's hands are any good, but you can see he has a lot of aftermarket stuff. BTW, I'm not planning on making a purchase from Paul at this time, because I bought his Perfect Sub last month, I just haven't gotten around to dealing with my TW Best case, which entails drilling the lugs holes more on center than they already are, in other words, I have one of the cases w/ the off-center holes!

Clark's sub hands are no good. I have a set and had The Zigmeister lume them before I realized how terrible they were. I should have put them on the watch to better assess them before getting the lume job. Oh well.