When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Submariner adventure begins.

davidk

hey everyone

I got this black sub from another member last fall. I believe it was supposed to be a classic TW best, but recent research has me wondering. The rehaut appears conical to my eye, but i don't really see it in the following pics. This is definitely going to be a project watch. For some reason the crystal smudges real bad and tends to stay dirty. Notice especially the area around the cyclops. Please note that the bezel is loose, so the crystal appears raised in some photos. Also notice the lint underneath. It feels heavier than my other sub and ym, yet it appears physicaly smaller to me. The bracelet is broken, and this thing has been sitting in a drawer for half a year. I'm sorry about the pics, but the camera I used has a broken lcd, so I can't see anything or change settings. Would love to hear opinions.

post-1064-1175825363_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1175825193_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1175825859_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1175825587_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1175825670_thumb.jpg

The 2nd part is the MBW 1680 I have on the way right now! It was heavily modded by Repaustria, and the pics look amazing! I'm so excited I have to share! It has a few gen parts, nice work on the cgs, the slower beat movement, a riveted bracelet, just to name a few. I love the watch and I know vintage is not supposed to lume, but for some reason I really want this thing to light up like a christmas tree.

post-1064-1175826014_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1175826135_thumb.jpg

I think your TW case looks OK. What I like about it are the good position of the cyclops/ date window, properly positioned- not too far to the right edge of the watch, the lug holes are centered (some of the TW cases have off-center lugs holes) and it has deep rehaut. It's a good platform for modding.

And if you want to (re)lume your 1680, by all means go for it. On a historically correct collector's edition genuine 1680, it might be a faux pas to relume, but yours is a rep and that means you can do whatever you damn well please.

PS, Oli did a nice job of "pointing up" those crown guards.