When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Movement? - Normal behaviour

pwygant

Greetings,

I am fairly new to the "industry" but have been lurking on the boards for quite some time although recent here since the "switch". I recently did my first three rep purchases and I am kind of lost. I purchased two watches from a dealer I felt most comfortable with. The communication was great and response time was pretty good. I have come to the conclusion that a two-three business day response is normal.

I bought my first rep about a month ago, a low asian grade Bvlgari Diagono which I think looked good in reality. It was inexpensive but I think the look was good and I bought it. When it arrived, it had been stuck in customs for about three weeks but made it through. I picked it out of the packaging and put it on and the first thing I noticed was that the strap was so short. Not that I am a huge person or anything but the strap was all the open until the last little hole. Is this just the way it is?

At first, I inspected the watch for quality and it looked and weighed good for the money. There was a little bit of scraping on the side of the buttons but acceptable. (Gold was shining through) Second, I asked myself does the date actually work? Well, it looks like it did but not by opening the screw to the one step as normal but instead clicking the top right button. Is this normal? I emailed my dealer and they indicated this was incorrect and they would replace it. No big deal and I guess I'll wait for a replacement?

Second, I ordered my more expensive watches, a 7750 Daylight for my brother and I was offered a great deal on a 1950 flyback with Lemania manual movement. I jumped on them both and today they Flyback arrived after only 5 days. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I inspected the beautiful Panerai and at first nothing moved. I opened the screw and started to dial the watch to the correct time and then I thought I was supposed to wind the watch? Well, nothing happened again. I turned it over and I looked at the beautiful interior. To me, this looks like the regular 7750 movement. I will try to attach my amatuer pics of the two but if someone can guide me, I would appreciate it. I am not sure if I should be disappointed or happy since I got this watch for a great price but still isn't communication key?

Like the first watch, the band is short. There are two "strap holds" on this watch and do most of you just cut off the second one? Again, I am a normal size guy and I will never even have to fold any of the remainder strap into the second "holder.

Finally, I can understand that there are no instructions sent with the watches but I am not sure what the functions are. The top right button starts some kind of movement and the bottom left stops the watch completely.

Can someone give me the crash course?

Thanks,

What a bummer!

Am a newbie myself, bought a PAM212 flyback with lemania mot myself and it works well. It is a manual and I have to turn the crown about 40 times every morning to make it run for 24 hours and a bit. It's quite tiring!

The articles in RWG forum on the Asian Valjoux 7750 so far has been discouraging, the newer improved version is supposed to be more reliable but this is not always the case. There are issues with this movement. Apparently it needs to be serviced as soon as possible. Please read The Zigmeister's write up on this movt.

Not sure where U can get longer straps for your Bvlgari Diagono, hope the others can help you with that. :unsure:

Looking at your photos, I believe the rotor is moving, so..."shake it baby, shake it :) "

Thanks for the responses. I am 99.9% sure this is the 7750 but if anyone thinks something else, please let me know. Second, to the first poster, on your 1950, what does the top right do and the bottom right? I have messed around with these and now if I press both, nothing happens. However, if I open the "clasp" (not sure of correct wording) it seems that the seconds stops and the bottom "resets" the entire watch?

Cheers! :blink:

Thanks for the responses. I am 99.9% sure this is the 7750 but if anyone thinks something else, please let me know. Second, to the first poster, on your 1950, what does the top right do and the bottom right? I have messed around with these and now if I press both, nothing happens. However, if I open the "clasp" (not sure of correct wording) it seems that the seconds stops and the bottom "resets" the entire watch?

Cheers! :blink:

I was informed by the dealer (Paul) not to play with the buttons too much..........the top push button is for the stop watch function (the big seconds hands will move) the bottom push button is to stop it. To reset to the 12 o'clock position press the top push button again. U have to wind the watch first for it to work. The chrono at the 3 o'clock position indicates the minutes for the stop watch function. Mine gets stuck after a few minutes but not sure who to send the watch to, I think it needs 'oiling'. I couldn't get it to work initially as I was afraid to press to deep but U got to press deep enough to make a click sound. Hope yours works. Mine keeps good time though! :yeah:

BTW the watch looks much better with a rubber strap with a deployant.

Guest Sql_pl

@pwygant

Yes you got an asian 7750 Flyback.

I believe you are lucky as this movement is closer to the real thing.

I would prefer it over Lemania any time. It is also more expensive.

As for these pushers etc.

As you can see you have 2 subdials - one at 3 and one at 9.

Whn the watch is winded (after you set time you need to shake it a bit to make it start) - you will see that the second hand at 9'oclock register will start to move. It will sweep. It is a main seconds hand.

The big second hand pointing at 12 is the second hand of the chronograph.

To engage it/start you need to press the upper button once. You will see that the big seconds hand will start to sweep around the dial.

Yes you have a stop watch.

The other subdial placed at 3 is there to count minutes of the stop watch / chronograph.

If you wish to stop the chrono you need to push the upper button once again. It will stop.

Then you can either start it again by pressing the same upper button and run stop watch again or if you wish to reset the chrono (only when it was stopped) push the lower button. Then the big sec hand and the 3 o'clock located subdial hand will fly to 12.

I hope it was clear.

Have fun with your watch!

Cheers

Maciek

Thanks for all the responses! I feel like a little dummy but everything made real good sense now. Thanks for the PM's. Chrono apparently works perfect for 24 hours straight.. Now I know to turn that bad boy off... :yuk:

//Cheers

Edited by pwygant