When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

big bang potential issue? - tapping sound

deltatahoe

so my big bang (ss bezel black dial version) just came in today, and first of all, i just have to say wow -- the watch is definitely unique -- really striking.

however, one thing that i noticed is that when i rotate the watch back and forth when it is on my wrist (see picture below for illustration), i can hear a 'tapping' sound, almost as if something inside the case is shifting back and forth. i'm familiar with 7750 movements -- this is not the sound of the rotor spinning.

has anyone else experienced this 'tapping sound'? or any thoughts on what this could be??....

i've tried to take the watch off and look inside the display back while i replicate the action, but with the rotor spinning around it's tough to see if the movement (or anything else for that matter) is shifting in the case.

deltatahoe

ps, here is a picture to try to demonstrate what kind of rotating i'm talking about that results in the 'tapping' sound...the easiest way to describe it is to think about my arm as an axis, with my watch rotating back and forth around it, like i am turning the watch face towards and away from me (or possibly screwing in a screw with a rachet/screwdriver).

231699-11974.jpg

Guest chronomat123

Maybe the movement itself is loose inside the watch? I had the same issue with one of my MBWs. I had to tighten the screw on the case clamp that secured the mov't to the case. BTW, I just sent you a PM.