When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lots of anger leads to few Misrepresentation Posts

crystalcranium

Lots of shouting over the last few weeks from many members about white lies and outright lies. I thought for sure the "Misrepresentation Forum" would rapidly fill with examples of what everyone was outraged over. Perhaps it's still early and perhaps many do not know it's there but I'm starting to understand why the dealers adopt a "bunker till it's over" position when these outraged posts come up. What good do we do the forum if we don't put our facts where our outrage is???

I had several heated exchanges in the latest thread with members who were passionate about the out and out lies being told by dealers. So far, not a one has posted a thread about a misrepresentation. Come on guys!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Dealer-misrepres...forum-f161.html ?

I believe there are a few posts on the major points - B&R, etc.

There are, but the threads were full of passion and anger about advertising language pushing boundries all over the place in multiple advertisements with multiple dealers. I have tried to post some of the ones I have come accross on Joshua's site, (sorry Josh, you're the first one I'm sifting through) and they are numerous and the task is daunting but I thought the purpose of the forum was to post specific examples to keep new buyers informed not just to post blanket warnings about "Asian ETA" claims or to list the most egretious misrepresentations. Maybe I'm wrong and if group conscious indicates the misrepresentation forum is just for new advertisements and general warnings, I'll stop listing what I come across. I can only attest to what I see in language. Others who have purchased replicas from dealers with misrepresented super lume, AR coating or purported levels of pre servicing need to speak up and post.

I agree. This is about making a better forum, and network for everyone.

When we post in there, it doesn't have to be a full blast at the dealer in question, merely pointing it out will suffice. Hopefully, now with Andrew's increased posting and Joshua's also in the dealer section, we might see them change, and/or see the gradual decline of these misrepresentations, albeit a mistake or intentional.

I would have to say, that political threads aside in the off-topic forum, this is a pretty good natured group here. That said, people here know they are dealing in a shady area of business here, so a certain degree of misrepresentation is almost expected. Perhaps this is why people aren't out in the streets with pitchforks and torches.

-O

I would have to say, that political threads aside in the off-topic forum, this is a pretty good natured group here. That said, people here know they are dealing in a shady area of business here, so a certain degree of misrepresentation is almost expected. Perhaps this is why people aren't out in the streets with pitchforks and torches.

-O

There were pitchforks and torches....and a couple of posters with nooses out in that thread. I'm not wondering why there isn't more posting in general, just why the most intolerant, no slack, a lie is a lie, posters in that thread have not posted a single advertising claim they thought so offensive. Where's the outrage now that a platform exists to put up or shut up??????? I had page after page of back and forth with one member where I pleaded for some level of understanding of the entire picture to no avail. "Do you enjoy being lied to???" was the retort time and time again. No posts from this most outraged member so far.

My take on it is that we start fresh from here. We aired our opinions and made the dealers aware that we know that we have been lied to. I think the dealers have corrected their descriptions for the new models that have come out and there won't be any confusion from here on out. I don't think the forum should waste any space on old issues we have already made public, but any new issues that arise from here on out. If the dealers keep up the friendly honest approach, the forum should stay bare. Any dealer who knowingly misrepresents his product from here forward should be boycotted.