When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell and Ross BR-01 92 question

cypher

I've been wanting to get this watch since it came out in the 1:1 46mm version but hte only thing holding me back is the movement. My question is..

If I wanted to swap the movement out with a better one what are my options and how much would that mvmt cost. Or do you think the mvnt as of now is fine...

Thanks!

I think The Zigmeister had a look at someone's and saw that a genuine ETA 2892 movement would not fit, which also means that the seagull copy would also not fit.

If it's no problem, I wouldn't mind it with ETA 2824 or 2836 (only difference is an additional day wheel I think) but I don't know if anyone has tried. That would be worthwhile though.

Pity about the stamped screws on the back though, that also put me off this particular watch :black_eye:

I've been wearing mine for a couple of months now. The movement has been just fine. I don't mine the "screw" issue on the back for two reasons: first, I don't wear it inside out.....and second, it's a rep....and a damn accurate one.

If you can get a good price on it, don't let the movement issue stop you.

I'm a movement freak, and being one of the poorer members of the board, I have to pick and choose, and I can't afford to buy potential paperweights. I nwant something that will last for years and years, and a movement like this - especially at the price these go for - does not engender confidence in my mind.