When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't set the time any more

dazzla

PAM217 Asian movement, when I pull the crown out to set the time it doesn't make a difference, it's still in "wind" mode. It seems the tip of the crown is just pulling away from the watch instead of shifting whatever shifts inside.

Has anyone come across this before? Easy enough fix or not?

It sounds like a crown problem, not a movement one.

Have you tried to pull harder to see if you can get it to switch from winding to time setting? I have never seen a keyless works go bad, unless the owner removed the stem and messed it up while reinstalling it...if it winds, that tells me that the parts are still in place, and working inside the watch.

RG

I had the simiIar problem at first on my fiddy, but instead of being stuck in the winding position it was stuck in the set time position. I ended up sending it to The Zigmeister for a service, because I wanted the cannon done anyway. Works like a champ now.

It's like the crown is puling clear from the stem (or whatever the pin/tube/thing that goes into the watch is). When pulled there's a clear 2mm gap appearing, it's not entirely separate but it's not actually doing anything.

I've been asked to return it (bad thing about buying from Asia I guess) for repair.

Edit, here's a crappy out of focus picture of what's happening:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7876/dsc00683cs8.jpg

Edited by dazzla

It's like the crown is puling clear from the stem (or whatever the pin/tube/thing that goes into the watch is). When pulled there's a clear 2mm gap appearing, it's not entirely separate but it's not actually doing anything.

I've been asked to return it (bad thing about buying from Asia I guess) for repair.

Edit, here's a crappy out of focus picture of what's happening:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7876/dsc00683cs8.jpg

DONT send it back, that is a huge mistake.

Now that I have seen the model (I can never keep the numbers straight) I think the problem is the set lever screw is loose or damaged, your looking at a minor minor repair, dont' risk waiting for months for your watch to get back, only to find it's got other problems...

If you have no one locally that can fix it, try some of the members on the forum.

Dont' send it back, bad idea...

RG