When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 in panerai watch

tgchrono2

You should do a test to find out what the problem is...

Wind the watch by hand (see my signature below for guidance), after you wind it fully about 30 turns on the crown, mark on a piece of paper the day and time, and leave the watch sitting and dont' move it. Keep checking every morning and night if the watch is still running, when it stops working, note the day and time and figure out how long it has run.

Then wind the watch just enough to get it running, set the time, and wear it. When you put it down at the end of the day, see if it still works in the morning.

If it stops after 5-6 hours, you either dont' move enough during the day to wind it up, or there is a problem with the autowinder. If you sit still at a computer all day typing, it's not going to wind the watch...so it may not have any problem with it after all.

RG

• 11 months later...

I have been having problems with the power reserve on a fairly new ( < 1 month) Pam 104 Asian 7750.

I did The Zigmeister's test and wound it for about 150 slow light semi-turns, which I estimate to be about 25-30 full turns on the crown. I let it sit overnight and the reserve lasted about 24 hours.

I then kept the watch in my pants pocket while at work. I also wore it on my wrist for about 6 hours until I went to bed. I work at a desk, but I try to move here and there. After letting it sit overnight, the reserve only lasted for 13 1/2 hours. Do you think maybe it is an auto winding problem or maybe I just need to move more and longer? I thought even if the watch is in my pocket, I do walk around here and there and commute for an hour.

Also, does the reserve ever improve over time, since it's still a fairly new watch?

Any suggestions on what I should do? Should i contact the dealer or is this a non-issue?

Thanks

I thought I had a problem with mine as well when I got my 104. I took it off after wearing it for about 8 days and it only lasted about 24 hours before it stopped. So I wound it up and left it alone. It lasted just a shade under 43 hours. I realized that my lack of movement at work (sit at a desk) coupled with 7 hours of sleep and minimal movement was the problem.

The Zigmeister is the guru but sounds like you might have an issue Knicksfan13.

Thanks for the reply gavidoc.

I ran another test with more manual winding and the reserve lasted about 46 hours.

I then wore the watch for 2 full days and the reserve lasted 42 hours.

I assume this means that I sometimes am not moving enough during a regular day to generate a substantial amount of power reserve.