When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help: the 12h subdial of my Link Chrono doesn

scoobs1971

• 8 months later...

Tourby,

I'm having the same problem w/ my A7750. Several weeks after having it serviced, the hour totalizer (subdial) started resetting to the 11.5 hour position. Although it's only 30 min off the "12-o-clock" position, it's annoying me. The chrono runs fine and the min subdial resets to the "12-o-clock" position like it should.

I had trouble understanding the advice you gave to Scoobs. Do I run the chrono until it reaches the 1 hour (or 8 hour, 9 hour, etc) position, then stop the chrono and reset it? I've already tried resetting the chrono from a few different "hour" totalizer positions (and it always resets to one index left of the top (0/12 hour) position. Did I interperate your instructions properly? Do I hit the reset button while the chrono is running? Do I have to run the chrono for over 12 hours so that it completes one full turn before resetting? I don't have the skills to open this thing up and I don't want to ship it out again.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Do I have to run the chrono for over 12 hours so that it completes one full turn before resetting?

yes :lol:

maybe you must try it more times. Let the chrono run over 12 hours. Stop it a 2 or 3 or 4 (try all) and reset it. Anytime it will stop at correct 0 position. Important is that the chorno do one full turn before resetting.

and than never use your chrono again... as this asia 7750 chronos is only for show... but not for using <_<

Do I have to run the chrono for over 12 hours so that it completes one full turn before resetting?

yes :lol:

maybe you must try it more times. Let the chrono run over 12 hours. Stop it a 2 or 3 or 4 (try all) and reset it. Anytime it will stop at correct 0 position. Important is that the chorno do one full turn before resetting.

and than never use your chrono again... as this asia 7750 chronos is only for show... but not for using <_<

This is exactly the way I solved the problem. Let it run for 13 hours or so and then reset.

And as long as your watch hasn't been properly serviced & oiled it's better not to use the chrono at all as Tourby says....

Tourby,

OK, thanks for clarifying that for me. I will try running it for 13(+) hours then resetting it to see if it corrects the alignment problem.

and than never use your chrono again... as this asia 7750 chronos is only for show... but not for using

LOL ... but seriously, I love using the chrono. I'm a scientist so I actually have use for the chrono in the lab to time rxns, instrument troubleshooting, etc. I also like to keep the chrono running much of the time because that is the only way I can get "center seconds" operation. I loathe small seconds displays but chronos always use the center hand for the chrono. According to the master (The Zigmeister) it is perfectly fine to have the chrono running constantly. Since it's an automatic, I don't have to worry about burning up the battery quicker by keeping it on constantly, as in a quartz.

I recently had the movement serviced by The Zigmeister so I'm confident that it will run reliably so long as I don't do anything stupid to it. I recall The Zigmeister saying that a properly serviced Asia 7750 (the new models) will be almost as reliable as the Swiss counterpart. I've worn it almost every day for 8 months (much chrono operation to boot) and haven't had any serious problems with it yet. I dropped it and the min hand came loose and now this reset issue. However, the first problem was my fault, not the watch's.

Thanks for the feedback and advice Tourby & Scoobs. Have a great night!

With regards,

Jeff C.

Hmmm, strange results. First I ran the chrono for 15 hours (stopped at the 3 mark) and reset it. The pointer moved, but in the wrong direction! It was then -0.75 hours rather than -0.5 hours and looked even worse since the pointer was between hash marks now. I then ran it for 21 hours (stopped at the 9 mark) and reset it. This returned it to -0.5 hours. I'll now try stopping it at 19 hours (7 mark) to hopefully have enough inertia to move it further clockwise towards the 12 mark.

Anyhoo, this technique generally seems to be working ... just takes a long time to adjust it properly.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the advice Tourby & Scoobs. :)

Regards,

Jeff